F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
this thread kinda died. how is everyone that did the install liking it? personally i love it. little easier around town with the torque bump, dont have to rev as much or downshift as much. def dont feel down on power anywhere compared to before. pretty solid $65
Sponsored

OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I’m still loving mine. Glad to see other people are also liking theirs. It was a long shot that this thing would work! I have added an AIRAID intake and a tune revision since my last DYNO. Really cleaned things up. I’d like to hit the rollers again before headers and another tune, but I don’t know how things will play out. I’m still hoping to hit 425/425 with this setup?

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I’m still loving mine. Glad to see other people are also liking theirs. It was a long shot that this thing would work! I have added an AIRAID intake and a tune revision since my last DYNO. Really cleaned things up. I’d like to hit the rollers again before headers and another tune, but I don’t know how things will play out. I’m still hoping to hit 425/425 with this setup?
did yours require a re tune and who is doing your tune? i still need to post up a log to have someone check out since lund is charging for that now. they said i shouldnt need a retune but i feel like a retune would def help clean it up a little bit more.

OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It doesn't require a tune, but there is more to be had in cleaning up the curve as you can see from my OP dyno runs. I was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time and had a HPTuners rep from Peitz Performance spend about 2 hrs tuning the car and playing around with it. Unfortunately I live in a 91 oct state so there is more on the table. He said the best way to get more will be to get the car on a dyno and start fine tunning things. Once I have my headers on I'll have it retuned. I don't speak much tune language but he did mention we were able to raise my maf flow rate by 3.5 so should be good for some more ponies hopefully.

Sponsored

Dr.Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Glad to see people are enjoying their F150 IM...guys in another post are pretty critical of it. Made me think twice about installing mine.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
I haven’t seen a post where they bashed it?

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I see the issue has its an email tune? NO offence to all the tuners of the s550 but ........ how many F150 manifold cars have they tuned and logged? I still think to see the real potential there needs to be a good dyno tune on the spot with a good tuner.

Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
i still believe 100% there is ALOT left on the table with VCT tuning.

Only way to get that nailed down is hours and hours of datalogging and driving!

Dyno only does so much for driveability

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
If I ever put mine on I have Dakota @ Lund willing to work on the tune and VCT to see if more can be gotten out of it.

I'll be waiting to install it until spring though most likely.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Why don't we have an F150 mani car race a stock mani car and put the issue to rest?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
JUST grabbed mine for $75 shipped off eBay after reading this thread. I was saving up for TVS but this would be more usable for a daily driver if it works out. Posting to subscribe.
Sponsored