Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
i hate this as much as you, im not crying ,i am pissed of i was about to pull the trigger on one but I'm pulling back now, i don't have a solution, you dont need to come up with a solution, this is fords problem, they need to come up with a solution, on the end of the day FORD is the one who is big looser here , defiantly lost my business :(
Why are you pissed? you dont even have one yet! Just buy a challenger charger or camaro..i have a little vibration that I'm about to fix and im not pissed at all!
Ford ā€˜s solution is the 2018 mustang, thatā€™s all you get from Ford! Don't like it donā€™t buy one. It really is that simple!
Sponsored

Sash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Why are you pissed? you dont even have one yet! Just buy a challenger charger or camaro..i have a little vibration that I'm about to fix and im not pissed at all!
Ford ā€˜s solution is the 2018 mustang, thatā€™s all you get from Ford! Don't like it donā€™t buy one. It really is that simple!
i am pissed because i want to buy one and now that i know about this i dont want to take the chance to get problem car.
by the way i do have a challenger and charger
IMG_0416.jpg
IMG_1847.jpeg

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
then buy a 1le or something or a gt-350 there's no vibe issue with the gt-350...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
then buy a 1le or something or a gt-350 there's no vibe issue with the gt-350...
Wonder what the difference is with the GT350 where they don't exhibit the vibration? Is the Voodoo vibrating and hiding any driveline vibrations?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The difference is the flat plane crank v8. It has to be perfectly balanced because of the vibration tendencies flat plane cranks. This is why you will never see an auto swap on a gt-350 because it would throw off the entire driveline balance established by Ford engineers to its current manual transmission! There isn't one report of vibration issues on any of the gt-350ā€™s!

Sponsored

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Sound Analyzer

VEHICLE NOISE AND VIBRATION

not sure if this type of video got posted here already
around 16 minute mark, they calculate the frequency of each component at 100 km/hr to help with diagnostics
15 Hz , wheels, axles
60 or 120 Hz , driveshaft

another article mentioned trying to use a bucket with water to guess the frequency being generated.
Have a look at my posts on pages 118 and 119. I used a $5 app that I found for my iPad, and found a significant "boom" of 48Hz. The math worked out to the propeller shaft at that speed.

Blake

barrykaye1001

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.discountpackagingdepot.com
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Have a look at my posts on pages 118 and 119. I used a $5 app that I found for my iPad, and found a significant "boom" of 48Hz. The math worked out to the propeller shaft at that speed.

Blake
Which app did you use? I'd like to get the one from Vibrate Software http://vibratesoftware.com. It looks fantastic but it's really geared toward the professional which is reflected in the price - $400 :(

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Sound app

Which app did you use? I'd like to get the one from Vibrate Software http://vibratesoftware.com. It looks fantastic but it's really geared toward the professional which is reflected in the price - $400 :(
The app I used was a sound analyzer, not a vibration analyzer. I did the math ahead of time to figure out how fast my propeller shaft (DS) would be turning at various vehicle speeds. So when I saw the same result pop up in the sound analyzer, it gave me enough confidence to proceed with the DS balance.

I used the "Audio Spectrum Analyzer" by Black Cat Systems on an iPad. I think it was between $4.00 and $6.00

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Called the balance masters guys out in California they told me to measure my driveshaft to confirm the exact diameter before i order! Im just gonna call lethal where i got from and have them measure for me! Dont have the time to crawl under the car... lol!

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Called the balance masters guys out in California they told me to measure my driveshaft to confirm the exact diameter before i order! Im just gonna call lethal where i got from and have them measure for me! Dont have the time to crawl under the car... lol!
Let us know. I'm tempted to try this.

Sponsored

barrykaye1001

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.discountpackagingdepot.com
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
The app I used was a sound analyzer, not a vibration analyzer. I did the math ahead of time to figure out how fast my propeller shaft (DS) would be turning at various vehicle speeds. So when I saw the same result pop up in the sound analyzer, it gave me enough confidence to proceed with the DS balance.

I used the "Audio Spectrum Analyzer" by Black Cat Systems on an iPad. I think it was between $4.00 and $6.00
What formulas did you use to do the calculations?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

5.0_Tyler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have been experiencing rumbling & vibration between 50 & 70 mph, which kind of felt like the wheels were out of balance. After rebalancing them twice, the dealer even tried a different set of wheels & tires - no luck.

They now believe that the drive shaft needs replacing - at 1100 miles. :frusty:

Anyone else experiencing this?
driveshaft vibration is under warranty for repair. you just wont have the mustang for a few days.

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
DS speed calculation

What formulas did you use to do the calculations?
You need to know your tire "Revolutions Per Mile". More or less the same for all factory S550 Mustangs, it shouldn't matter if you are running 18, 19 or 20" wheels) All of the factory sizes are within 1% or so.

For example I Googled the Revolutions Per Mile of a 255/40/19
It turns 746 Rev's Per Mile.

DS speed= tire Revs Per Mile x MPH/60 x Diff Gear Ratio /60

So for me, 746 x 68.3MPH/60 x 3.31 /60 = 46.85 Rev's Per Second.

My vibration app showed a loud sound at 48 Hz. (ie. something is vibrating 48 times per second) Given that my iPad is not likely a precise sound device and a host of other small errors, those numbers looked like a match to me.

The wheels were turning 746 x 68.3 / 60 /60 = 14.15 Revs Per Second So that was not a match at all.

In case you are wondering about the 68.3 Mph speed, I was actually going 110 Kph (in Canada) so I converted to Mph for this example.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
You need to know your tire "Revolutions Per Mile". More or less the same for all factory S550 Mustangs, it shouldn't matter if you are running 18, 19 or 20" wheels) All of the factory sizes are within 1% or so.

For example I Googled the Revolutions Per Mile of a 255/40/19
It turns 746 Rev's Per Mile.

DS speed= tire Revs Per Mile x MPH/60 x Diff Gear Ratio /60

So for me, 746 x 68.3MPH/60 x 3.31 /60 = 46.85 Rev's Per Second.

My vibration app showed a loud sound at 48 Hz. (ie. something is vibrating 48 times per second) Given that my iPad is not likely a precise sound device and a host of other small errors, those numbers looked like a match to me.

The wheels were turning 746 x 68.3 / 60 /60 = 14.15 Revs Per Second So that was not a match at all.

In case you are wondering about the 68.3 Mph speed, I was actually going 110 Kph (in Canada) so I converted to Mph for this example.
If your brain was in my head, my head would hurt. :D
Sponsored