Sponsored

Oil Change

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Not that's a full service oil change. :hail:
Best maintenance I've ever performed. Changed the oil and nearly doubled the horsepower :lol:

NowhereFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem. PP, 1999 WS6,2010 Expedition
Changed mine at 0%, which was at 3000mi. Seen some go 5k plus before the light came on, but I beat the shit out of it. Guess it shortens the intervals.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I have a dumb question...my last oil change was in April when the dealer took my car in as a trade-in before I purchased it (bought the car used - CPO - with 10k miles on it in June). Car was driven about 100 miles (test drives I guess) until I bought it. Since June, I put about 3,200 miles on it. As of now, 42% oil life left. Car will be driven once or twice a month during the winter months (original plan was to store it but I can't help myself to take it for a spin on the weekends if the weather is nice and I have time). I read how people do an oil change before they put their car away for the winter and then change it again in spring. I was thinking about doing an oil change over Thanksgiving because I will have access to a lift and have some other parts I could install. But I would also have no problem waiting until spring if an oil change would have zero benefits at this time. What would you recommend in my situation? Thanks!

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I have a dumb question...my last oil change was in April when the dealer took my car in as a trade-in before I purchased it (bought the car used - CPO - with 10k miles on it in June). Car was driven about 100 miles (test drives I guess) until I bought it. Since June, I put about 3,200 miles on it. As of now, 42% oil life left. Car will be driven once or twice a month during the winter months (original plan was to store it but I can't help myself to take it for a spin on the weekends if the weather is nice and I have time). I read how people do an oil change before they put their car away for the winter and then change it again in spring. I was thinking about doing an oil change over Thanksgiving because I will have access to a lift and have some other parts I could install. But I would also have no problem waiting until spring if an oil change would have zero benefits at this time. What would you recommend in my situation? Thanks!
Change in the fall or spring. Not both.

Putting in fresh oil before storage then changing again in the spring is a waste of time and $$$

I've done both ways over the years. Normally I'll change before storage but if the weather turns cold quick It gets stored with the old oil then changed in the spring.

It bugged me a bit to put it away with old oil but I'm still here and so is my engine. On this car and many previous cars.

Sponsored

abbeynormal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PPGT Magnetic
I compromised and just changed my oil filter at 1500 miles. Had to add exactly a quart of oil. So she's got a new (bigger) oil filter and a dash of fresh oil! I'll probably change the oil when the oil thingie tells me to, which will probably be north of 5k miles.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I changed mine around 1500-2000ish to get the metal break-in junk out of there.

Switched to a Ford Performance oil filter and two FilterMags.

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Nice ride. I changed mine last June at 1600 miles at the 6 month mark

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Changed mine after 900 miles and put in Mobil 1 Synthetic and Ford Performance oil filter.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
first oil change at 1000 miles on any car I ever bought new
and i cut the filter open to see if my engine is healthy or loaded with
metal .
Both Fords I own have been spot on,on a daily driver (F150) I change my
5.0 at 10K miles,my mustang at 3K miles,full synth for both rides and WIX filters..
Sponsored