MPT Tune Officially out

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
How different is it? I've only used 93PRX and the 87econo tune tune. The 87econo was too much like stock for my liking.
The 87 tune just did not have the kick that the 93PRX does. Engine feels like it grew a few liters in terms of torque output.
Sponsored

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody know if there's going to be a black Friday sale on tunes? That's really all I'm waiting for at this point. Itching to tune my 3.7.
You can wait to save a few duckets, but how much is it worth to you to be enjoying the full potential of our lovely 3.7 V6’s?

I wish I’d purchased my tune sooner.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
You can wait to save a few duckets, but how much is it worth to you to be enjoying the full potential of our lovely 3.7 V6’s?

I wish I’d purchased my tune sooner.
Yeah the wait is killing me.

For any guys or girls waiting for Black Friday, so far MPT has put up a $40 rebate on SCT Tuners for their November Coupon. This rebate runs until early December. I have not reached out to MPT on whether there is going to be a Black Friday sale, but for now the $40 rebate is the best that's out there for now.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the wait is killing me.

For any guys or girls waiting for Black Friday, so far MPT has put up a $40 rebate on SCT Tuners for their November Coupon. This rebate runs until early December. I have not reached out to MPT on whether there is going to be a Black Friday sale, but for now the $40 rebate is the best that's out there for now.
Actually no - American Muscle is running a flash sale today only. 15% off. So the $399 SCT X4 with 2 Bama Tunes (normally $399) is now $339.99

Use code: AMFLASH

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Wouldn't the mpt rebate still be cheaper? If you buy the SCT from AM you'll have to buy the mpt tune which is $99 which will bring the total to almost $440. With the mpt SCT rebate it'll be $410 with 3 tunes.

I only bring this up since this is the mpt topic.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I'll jump on the bandwagon. Just pulled the trigger on a SCT X4 and the 3 tunes from MPT. Hope to hit Test and Tune Saturday with my stock tune (stock except for drag radials) then flash and see the difference.

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
My tunes just popped up in my email. Just loaded into the SCT. I'll load up the 93 tomorrow and hopefully be really impressed...

superblur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Guess I'll jump on the bandwagon. Just pulled the trigger on a SCT X4 and the 3 tunes from MPT. Hope to hit Test and Tune Saturday with my stock tune (stock except for drag radials) then flash and see the difference.
Let us know! I've heard the gains are pretty noticeable especially at the strip.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know! I've heard the gains are pretty noticeable especially at the strip.
Well according to USPS, the tuner won't get here until Friday evening. I have plans that evening, so I might be hard pressed to plug it up / update it and get the info to MPT so I can request my tune files. So odds are I won't receive my tune files until after Test and Tune on Saturday.

So I might not be able to get a Test and Tune session in with JUST the tune, since I really want to get the 3.55 pumpkin swapped in before the last session of the season.

Guess we'll see.

Sponsored

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question for those with an auto transmission. Does the s550 rev match on downshift with the v6? Because mine doesn’t, and I’m wondering if it ever did, or if it’s an MPT thing. Funny thing is, I don’t remember what it was like before my PRX tune. Lol

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Tuner got here last night. Got the info / tune request sent to MPT. Didn't pay for 'skip the line' so just hoping I have it by the first of the week. If weather cooperates, I'll have baseline 1/4 mile numbers tomorrow and I'm off next week so the plan is to install the 3.55 gears and hit the 1/4 mile again that Saturday. Would like to get baseline runs with the 3.55 gears then flash it with the 91 PRX tune (93 isn't readily available for me) and see the difference.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Got the tunes this afternoon. Nice turnaround. Loaded the 93 PRX (found a good local station with 93 octane) tune. Took a few minutes writing tune. Threw a few lights (service advance trac etc). Just started it up, let it run. Then cut it off, started it again. Lights went away. Checked for codes - none.

Test drive.

This is night and day difference. I have a 6 speed - and the part throttle driveability and response is great. Feels stronger at the bottom where it needs to be. Pulls hard.

Exhaust has deepened. I can tell they cleaned up timing / fuel in the lower to mid range. I'm betting they did something to the Drive by wire settings - throttle response is smooth and crisp - like it should be.

I may put the 3.55 pumpkin in tomorrow. So hopefully Test and Tune with gears and tune.

Here's hoping 'clutch protection' is gone.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Thats awesome man! Yeah when i hear about guys that are on the fence about tunning..i always tell them mpt is the only way to go, amd once they have gone tuned they will never want to run stock again

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Just bought my tune bundle. Should be waiting for me when I get back from the Turkey Day holiday travels. I've read nothing but praise so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Heads up: MPT is doing a Black Friday Sale until the 27th. $50 off all MPT + SCT X4 bundles. That coupled with the $40 SCT rebate is probably the cheapest you'll ever get for these tunes + tuner.
Sponsored