Sponsored

Review-Roush quad tip active exhaust system

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium OW 10spd
I recently bought the the Roush quad tips with the active system for my gt with my mrt h pipe and I am planning on doing a video review soon. I'll do a small write up of the system and the pros and cons for now here. But I'll try and do a video review as soon as I can. I also understand that this system is a pretty penny and isn't probably worth it to everyone, but there really isn't an in depth review on youtube or anywhere that I could find. I live in an apartment in California where there are shitty sound laws for cars and also my neighbors would crucify me :headbonk:

So the system is pretty easy to install it just takes a couple of hours and dismantling most of the interior. I put my active exhaust switch on the left side of the shifter instead of on the right like it comes on the Roush models. It's way more convenient and way more easy to access. For those of you that don't know, Roush offers four modes of customization-

Touring-flaps fully closed-quietest setting.

Sport-flaps fully open at idle and depending on your driving habits it opens and closes based on how aggressive you are with the pedal.

Track-flaps fully open-loudest setting obviously.

Custom-it depends. This mode is really fun because you can use the Roush active exhaust app with the included wifi obd-II port connector in the kit. You can completely tune it to your liking. And have it open and close whenever you want. You have to use the app and create your tune first then "activate it" through the app while your phone is connected to the wifi. I have mine set to 20 percent open which actually sounds different then fully closed and fully open. The weird thing is you would think 50 percent open would sound half as loud as fully open but it's the same as fully open. At certain speeds depending on my throtlle it will either be open or closed. Great if you know your city well and you know where you accelerate hard and where you don't.

The pros and cons--

Pros
-great sound from roush
-extremely good build quality
-the electronics are well built and sturdy
-user friendly app
-great configurability

Cons
-extremely pricey
-sometimes the flaps don't respond to the switch instantaneously
-sometimes the wifi doesn't work when you are using the app and have to re connect it.

Once again I will post a video in the coming weeks as soon as I can. I have a lot going on this week with school and finals and what not. But as I said there are really no good videos explaining the 4 different modes and the custom mode. I'll have plenty of sound clips. I hope this write up is useful to at least a certain degree even if you don't plan on buying the system.
dat ass 2.jpg
Sponsored

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Nice system. No rear roush bumper?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
This is only great if you want to quiet your exhaust during start-up or driving out of your neighborhood, both of which I have no interest in doing.
For me, it's a waste of money as I want it loud, all the time. :thumbsup:

dbasql

http://djdenverb.com
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Roush 2016 RS3
I have it on mine directly from Roush. It is a "unneeded" expense but I love it too. I use mine almost every time the cell phone rings or when I don't want to be that guy in a parking garage etc. Oh and btw it sounds amazing. Subjective for sure but most will smile trust me~!

Sponsored

OP
OP

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=21069]Bbarfoot14[/MENTION] I cut into the stock one. I liked how mine was accented red and wanted to keep it. took some time but it worked.
[MENTION=17124]Stage_3[/MENTION] I completely agree but I live in an apartment complex and believe me i have to wake up at 6 every day, they would probably complain to the landlord.
[MENTION=19428]dbasql[/MENTION] I coulndt agree more. it has fabulous sound to it!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
@Stage_3 I completely agree but I live in an apartment complex and believe me i have to wake up at 6 every day, they would probably complain to the landlord.
In that case,....yes, this system is awesome for you.
Did you see this review? Pretty informative. Especially if you want to customize your sound at about the 10 minute mark.

Last edited:

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=19039]magnetticmadness[/MENTION]s
Video?

OP
OP

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=9254]Bahndvr[/MENTION] Yes, I'll get a video up this weekend if I can! I am a full-time student so it can be tough lol. I am going to do a full review of the exhaust and its sounds as well!

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I'd like to hear yours with the h pipe, I was debating to do the h or the x , what made you go h ?
Sponsored