Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Thanks for that. Curious it provides any extra cooling effect since it's taking more air in?
Sponsored

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I only skimmed through the thread, but is there quantifiable real world gains here?

Ruby15GT

Ruby15GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
Any way to fabricate the GT350 inlet to line up? I want to get PP2 and this is unsettling.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
FYI, Dan / Velossa Tech are on the southeast coast of Florida (Hollywood), so he's probably hunkering down for the storm. I didn't even realize their location but I recently contacted them about an order I placed.

I'm in Florida too, just the NE coast, so we've got another couple of days before it [potentially] gets really bad.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Any way to fabricate the GT350 inlet to line up? I want to get PP2 and this is unsettling.
I have the PP2 with the big mouth. It works good.

yohoeimmattbro

Amateur Mexican
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Is this only for stock airbox? I have a PMAS, but I like the look of this and was not sure if it would make a difference at all

Ruby15GT

Ruby15GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I saw a user on Youtube loosened the bolt holding the GT350 box in place, removed the filter, then stuck his hand in the snorkel and worked it into alignment and then tightened the bolt. He basically said it fits if you make it fit. :)

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thanks Mike.

First I tried a flush trim router but ended up marking one of the hexes, thankfully it's only a minor blemish.

Next I tried a Dremel type tool. This was quite tedious and wasn't giving the finish I wanted. Props to those who persevered and did a clean job.

I made an executive decision and carefully hacksawed the back off. The flexible blade hacksaw followed the back plate as can be seen by all the cut marks in the photo. Then I filed and finished with a cork block and sand paper.
I removed about 3 millimetres (1/8 inch) in total.

I believe this last method does give the best finish as there is no risk to damaging the inside of the hexes.

IMG_4804.jpg
I remembered this post and wanted to thank you for the idea. I also wanted to add that a coping saw (usually under $10) makes cutting the back off very easy. A sanding block and razor blade took care of the rest.
IMG_4423.JPG

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I only skimmed through the thread, but is there quantifiable real world gains here?
Yes there are quantifiable gains related to both IATs as well as mass flow at speed. IAT rise is reduced considerably, and the direct feed to the airbox actually creates some ram air at speed. I'll find some of the data posted by users after I go back through and find it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
The GT350 inlet doesnt line up too well to the big mouth. It can be done, but will take some ingenuity. I know a few customers reported back that the GT350 inlet is considerably smaller than the big mouth.

Hope this helps.

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
I got mine because every now and then I get caught in traffic. My intake temps have been greatly reduced since the install, I’m in South Texas so it gets warm.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I just went through all 42 pages. Even though I just grabbed a Steeda CAI, I picked up the pair of the big mouths in Grabber Blue. I like the aesthetics and the flow design that went into this. When temps hit the 100's for several months here in Texas, the extra air helps when moving. Closed box or open box, you're going to be running hot here in the summer.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just went through all 42 pages. Even though I just grabbed a Steeda CAI, I picked up the pair of the big mouths in Grabber Blue. I like the aesthetics and the flow design that went into this. When temps hit the 100's for several months here in Texas, the extra air helps when moving. Closed box or open box, you're going to be running hot here in the summer.
You'll see much lower temps when in traffic with this :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.