Head lights

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
Hey guys, im trying to get all the lights on the front the same colour or close enough if i can... also need to know what globe type they all are... can someone shed some light on this please. Im more intrested in doing the fog lights and the ones just on top of them. Cheers guys
Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Blingworks +1

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Hey guys, im trying to get all the lights on the front the same colour or close enough if i can... also need to know what globe type they all are... can someone shed some light on this please. Im more intrested in doing the fog lights and the ones just on top of them. Cheers guys
Ounce you replace DRLs with bright LEDs, you will see how weak those Hid headlights look. Must be the worst low beam i have come across in recent years. Useless low beam, when driving at night on country roads.

Sponsored

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
With the blingworks kit do you need to open the headlights up to replace these globes or they just unclip etc from the back? Just wondering what the process is cause if the headlights have to be opened up, thinking may aswell do the DD DRL boards whilst at it?

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
With the blingworks kit do you need to open the headlights up to replace these globes or they just unclip etc from the back? Just wondering what the process is cause if the headlights have to be opened up, thinking may aswell do the DD DRL boards whilst at it?
Blingworks don't include the actual headlamps - they have parking lights, DRLs (the ones in the fog housing), fogs, rear and interior ones.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Ounce you replace DRLs with bright LEDs, you will see how weak those Hid headlights look. Must be the worst low beam i have come across in recent years. Useless low beam, when driving at night on country roads.
Thats because they use a D8S which is only a 2000LM bulb, 25w.

Good news is you can upgrade them to a D3S which is a 3200LM bulb, but you need to buy new ballasts and hot wire.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Thats because they use a D8S which is only a 2000LM bulb, 25w.

Good news is you can upgrade them to a D3S which is a 3200LM bulb, but you need to buy new ballasts and hot wire.
I have read about this up grade. Not that easy to do. Headlights have to come out etc. Why did they give us such a crap low beam to start with? Most old H4 lights are better than Mustangs poor HID. I see that MY18 gets LED headlights. Maybe a conversion to these could be a possibility down the road. LED is the future for headlights anyway.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I have read about this up grade. Not that easy to do. Headlights have to come out etc. Why did they give us such a crap low beam to start with? Most old H4 lights are better than Mustangs poor HID. I see that MY18 gets LED headlights. Maybe a conversion to these could be a possibility down the road. LED is the future for headlights anyway.
Even the LED lights will still be limited to 2000LM.

Why you ask?

Because part of the ADR requirements that any low beam headlamp that exceeds 2000LM requires self leveling and washers something that Ford US does not want to do.

The actual upgrade is fairly straightforward, takes an extra few minutes if you do it the same time as the DRL upgrade.

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Even the LED lights will still be limited to 2000LM.

Why you ask?

Because part of the ADR requirements that any low beam headlamp that exceeds 2000LM requires self leveling and washers something that Ford US does not want to do.

The actual upgrade is fairly straightforward, takes an extra few minutes if you do it the same time as the DRL upgrade.
I am aware why Ford gave us these useless headlights. By not fitting self level/washer, they cheapscated on the headlights, like they did with many other parts relating to export models. But giving us poor headlights is a safety issue. No excuse. Not to mention the useless (for shorter people, like my better half) left hand rear view mirror.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I am aware why Ford gave us these useless headlights. By not fitting self level/washer, they cheapscated on the headlights, like they did with many other parts relating to export models. But giving us poor headlights is a safety issue. No excuse. Not to mention the useless (for shorter people, like my better half) left hand rear view mirror.
Compared to alot of other vehicles on the road they are decent enough, perhaps yours arent adjusted correctly? you can adjust the height of them on the light dial.

Compared to lights on say a W series they are much much better, or a PXII ranger.

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
This is one of Things I am happy ford went cheap on. My last few BMWs all had self levelling and steering sensitive headlights. They are a well known failure point and cost thousands to replace for no real benefit.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Compared to alot of other vehicles on the road they are decent enough, perhaps yours arent adjusted correctly? you can adjust the height of them on the light dial.

Compared to lights on say a W series they are much much better, or a PXII ranger.
I have them adjusted to maximum height and they don't even get close to being as good as our other two cars which both have old style H4 headlights.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
This is one of Things I am happy ford went cheap on. My last few BMWs all had self levelling and steering sensitive headlights. They are a well known failure point and cost thousands to replace for no real benefit.
I don't care about the self level/washing crap either. But if that's what's required by ADR to have a decent HID low beam, so be it. I see you have a vert as well. What do you make of those nasty covers for the roof mechanism. Who would use them? If you need to put the roof up quickly, you need to get out of the car first to remove them.
Sponsored