Cancelled my order on delivery day

OP
OP

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
The loss of income from services and sales will be many times greater than the value of the issue I am having with the previous dealer.
That's just it, I was buying 2 vehicles, total value approaching $120k plus ongoing servicing etc not to mention I've bought for myself and others literally dozens of new cars over the years and guess where I'll never be taking anyone. I've already got one friend just going to start looking for a car this weekend and another starting to think about upgrading and both have asked for my advice.
Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I will say you must be a very patient person. Kudos for sticking to your guns and not giving in. I waited 3 weeks for mine and that was enough. Took delivery with three runs in the paint. Not ideal but I knew what I was getting myself into and car goes to th paint shop on Monday under warranty for rectification.

Someone said it's a 60K car not a 600k car. I would have thought 60k could get you a car without runs in the paint from the factory, but I'm putting it down to "because Ford". Hasn't hampered my enjoyment of the car.

OP
OP

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Patient or stupid. Even I'm not sure.

It's only another 5 months. It's only another 5 months. It's......

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Patient or stupid. Even I'm not sure.

It's only another 5 months. It's only another 5 months. It's......
Going into detail about what happened to you with that particular dealership would go a very long way in persuading someone else from buying from them. Being so vague makes you come across as a bit difficult to deal with.

I know I and others would find it so much helpful to know what happened so we could avoid similar pitfalls down the track.

mickeyg1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Convertible delivered 19 July 2016
It's a bit like on Facebook when someone posts saying OMG so angry right now! And then when someone else comments to ask what's up they're like "oh don't worry about it"

Sponsored

PG68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Fastback 6speed
I just recently purchased a land cruiser wagon for the purposes of towing my caravan, upgraded from my Ranger. These things are not cheap but are built for an intended purpose. Being Jap built the panel gaps are perfect etc and so are many others things…..but……..

Beside my land cruiser in my shed sits my GT with bonnet pinch and other little bugs that sometimes annoy….but…..

Nothing compares to my GT, no one looks at the land cruiser but every loves the GT, I love it bonnet pinch and all. This is nearly half the price compared to the panel perfect cruiser. We get a lot of car with the Mustang for the price we pay, yes we also get some things that annoy the shit out of us, but give me my Mustang any day, I simply love it warts and all.

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
hear hear

noddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback AT
this is an annoying thread. i reckon you shouldn't have bothered posting it if you're going to give zero details. the way you keep going on about the dealership losing 2 sales makes it sound like you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. could have been a bit of lint on the the steering wheel for all we know and you'll spend the next 5 months grinding your teeth long after the dealership has forgotten about you.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
More to the point why are you waiting another 5 months for? there is showroom stock starting to appear everywhere now, at least you can look around and get one that is right

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I've never "ordered a pony" but if I did and it came "out of sorts" I'd be upset. What happened in my own case, having to pay $8000.00 to pay off my trade-in and being a co-signer, instead of the buyer to get into a GT really shocked me as I'd bought 3 previous ponies, 2009,2012, 2014. This dealership is "full of tricks" as a lot of others I am learning. At least I got the 3.55:1 and ruby paint at 0% interest, I was paying 5% and upside down on the 14 with 45,000 miles on the clock. Dealers can be tricky!

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
Mate, I never even got as far as starting to check the car so the check list didn't come into it. All of the issues were in what they did pre delivery and their customer service. I'm not going to go into details as I don't want to dwell upon it. All I'll say is I'm not happy with Thomson Ford but if anyone wants a Grabber Blue manual GT they have one available immediately (but check the dash/centre console has been put back together properly and there's no rattles etc and it starts reliably).

I was saying to someone the other day that things often happen for a reason that we can't see until later and perhaps that's the case here.

As I'd taken the day off work and need a car having sold my old one ready for the Mustang to be delivered I decided to go shopping so made a couple of calls to check stock and headed to a dealer that's further away than I'd like but had 3 of what I was after (a Ranger FX4) in stock.

Started having a look over one of them with the dealer and got to talking and eventually chat came around to the Mustang and what I'd just gone through etc. He asks if I'd still be interested in a Mustang. I'd seen a grey and a black on the lot and figured he was going to try and sell me on one of those but no, he has a Grabber Blue manual GT already ordered due Oct so we started talking about a 2 car deal. You can see where this is going and yes, signed a deal for the Grabber Blue Mustang and a Frozen White Ranger FX4 and got a slightly better price than my original Mustang deal.

Have to go through the whole process of waiting on the car again but 7 months went quickly enough so another 5 isn't a big deal. Many of you waited that long anyway. Ranger I'll pick up soon so I'll at least have something to drive while waiting for the Mustang take 2 to arrive.

So, mods are off the market. Sorry to those that have PMd me but I really didn't expect this. I'll reply to each in case this post is missed.
Have to say that I have found Thomson Ford service department to be nothing other than excellent, although I chose not to buy the Pony from them based on their sales team performance when I made my first inquiry. Every dealer will have strengths and weaknesses, just need to learn which are best for your needs then move on.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I bought my AUII XR8 220 from Thomson Ford in 2001. The sales experience was really good with a guy named Michael. He left them soon after I took delivery. Had the car serviced there and they were fairly good.

When the FPV's first came out in 2003 I was after the GTP and the used car manager at the time valued my XR8 really low - telling me he had a yard full of V8's. I looked at the "yard" and asked him to show me the V8's - he couldn't and I told him there and then there was Buckley's chance of me ever buying from them again.

Fast forward 3 months, I was visiting my parents at Glenmore Park and went to Sinclair Ford. The FPV salesman wasn't in but a couple of days later came to Pyrmont to give me a test drive. Between the trade-in price for the XR8 and the price for the GTP I saved $7500 over what Thomson Ford were offering.

Bought from Sinclair Ford ever since - it is a relationship and, in my experiences at least, they do value it.
Sponsored