Sponsored

Gloss Black Rear Decklid Cover

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I'd rather pay once for quality than buy a cheaper part that doesn't look as good and then eventually but the more expensive part. I know it sucks, but the quality and fitment on the MMD is dead on OEM. I bought the matte before the painted ones came out and then had it painted gloss black by the ford dealer and it's a dead on match.
Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I'm sold. Buying the panel today! I'll be sure to do a write up on it for you guys when I get around to installing it next week. AM always takes 5-6 days to get packages over here to me.

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
I'd rather pay once for quality than buy a cheaper part that doesn't look as good and then eventually but the more expensive part. I know it sucks, but the quality and fitment on the MMD is dead on OEM. I bought the matte before the painted ones came out and then had it painted gloss black by the ford dealer and it's a dead on match.
You are 100% correct, which is why MMD pre painted is on its way!

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Just install the my MMD gloss black panel.. I picked it up for a good deal .. guy decided to keep the stock panel and paint his Pony emblem to match the car
Is it better with fingerprints and dust than the stock panel?

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
So guys .. a few things I wanted to point out I know you guys are excited and the mmd one... is the best choice since they don't make the Ford product one anymore but there is a few things you need to know it's not completely perfect and as good as stock you have to reuse your clips and also the four little bolts that you go to hold the back down they're a little bit different.. if you make them too tight on the MMD you will see dimples from the outside so be careful this will not happen with the stock ford part it's thicker and stronger and more reinforced and does not require inserts molded in the panel for this to happen .. and yes the dust and fingerprints stick right to it just like the stock one does.but way easier to clean because there's no emblem

Sponsored

Bealzabubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB / PP Platinum White
[MENTION=26474]Elvis66[/MENTION]

I have seen the "dimples" comment before, but didn't understand what was causing it or where it was located. So thanks - those pics help me enormously.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
So I end up making mine too tight ..what you need to do is when that's really hot outside loosen them up don't make them too tight but don't make them to lose and leave it in the hot sun and a helps the dimples go away

OP
OP

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
looks like the MP gloss black decklid IS a direct replacement, the only thing is instead of bolting on you need to use double sided tape. American Muscle just updated their page with an install and review video. Looks pretty good. I reordered to try it out.

Sponsored

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
replied to your PM...it is not a direct replacement. There are no mounting points for the reverse camera on the panel nor any mounting points for the lower bolts.

I did just watch the video and see what you are saying it does appear they have it as a direct replacement...I dunno I can look again tonight. Either way I have an MMD prepainted arriving today and will probably just go that route.

OP
OP

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
Looks like I might have jumped the gun on ordering that cheap decklid, it arrives tomorrow but aside from what is probably a fake first review and the video posted by AM, the initial reviews are terrible. Looks like the camera hole is the issue so all my excitement is gone. If it looks like it's gonna give me problems I will return without trying to install and buy the MMD instead. How hard is it to make a frickin decklid...

OP
OP

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
Nick how does the preprinted look can you tell a difference between the decklid and the tail light trim?

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
the MMD prepainted is spot on...the only downside and someone mentioned this, you have to be very careful not to over tighten the bolts as dimples appear on the front side. I was very careful and you cant tell unless its the right angle or you are looking hard enough. Funny thing is, a lot of work went into this and my end goal was just trying to get the howler coyote badge on the back in place of the GT symbol.

If ford would have only stuck on the emblem I would be a lot happier. Overall it was still worth it to me as I love the gt350 look with the howler 5.0 badge...just a lot of work.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
For the most part that dimples went away after loosening it.. and being in the hot heat
Sponsored