Sponsored

Raptor Shift Light - RPM Trigger / Firewall Entry

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mounted the shift light in the car and pulled the wires down to the pedals and have 2 questions for those with past experience:

- I can't believe there's not an RPM trigger wire located in the cabin somewhere so you don't have to run all the way to the PCM in the engine, annoying. Just thought I'd mention in case I'm wrong. I also need the yellow w/ orange wire from the output shaft speed sensor for the RPM launch window lights.

- Where is the best/easiest spot to pull the wire through the firewall? I only had a few minutes and looked on the driver side and there's really not any easy rubber grommets to poke through like the older cars. I didn't have time to check the passengers side yet. Anyone with thoughts/opinions on this? I guess I could remove the soundtube plug and drill a hole through it, but eff me that thing was a bitch to put in (PP car) and I'd prefer another option.

Appreciate any input guys.
Sponsored

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
Easiest way is sound tube area. unbolt your gas pedal from the firewall and there it is. I ran my raptor through that hole and it wasnt that big of a deal at all.

OP
OP
Gee

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Raptor Shift Light Install Info

Installed the shift light this weekend. The few threads listed below were very helpful.

The flat plastic plate in front of the factory LCD screen (between RPM and MPH gauges) is an easy place to mount the shift light. The plate is removable which makes it easy to measure and mark where you want to screw in the mount. Just pull up the front side until it unsnaps and it pulls right out. Quick note, you need a screw that is 1/4" depth. Any more than that and it bottoms out and prevents the plate from sitting flush. I bought a 1/2" depth cause that's the shortest black screw Lowe's had, made the hole, then used a dremel to zip off half of it. Sits perfect.

The wire fits snug between the LCD screen and the plate. I routed the wire behind the steering wheel boot and down to the pedals, then routed over to the passengers side.

I chose to go through the passengers side grommet to the fender well and then into the engine compartment through the factory opening. This made for easy routing directly to the PCM.

Thread has a quick write up of instructions:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54325&highlight=firewall

Thread shows pictures of the passengers side grommet. Easily accessible from inside the car and provides pathway through factory opening to engine:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47718&highlight=PCM+connector&page=2

Another thread with pictures of the grommet and pathway to engine compartment (this guy chose to take out the battery and head into the battery box for his power cable, not needed for shift light install):
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38310
Sponsored