12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I just received my steering wheel from the retrimmer in the UK. I must say, the quality is excellent and it feels so good in hand. Can't wait to have a car to fit it to!

I went with a design that is like the wheel the GT350 pre-production cars had - leather on top and bottom and alcantara sides (which got changed to the predominantly alcantara design a lot of people now have). Silver stitching, flat bottom, thicker all round and alcantara centre stripe.

The guy who does it is named Jack at www.royalsteeringwheels.com You have to send a core, but he will do almost anything you like. He's becoming pretty popular on the UK section of the forum.
IMG_5689.jpg

IMG_5690.jpg
Sponsored

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
I just received my steering wheel from the retrimmer in the UK. I must say, the quality is excellent and it feels so good in hand. Can't wait to have a car to fit it to!

I went with a design that is like the wheel the GT350 pre-production cars had - leather on top and bottom and alcantara sides (which got changed to the predominantly alcantara design a lot of people now have). Silver stitching, flat bottom, thicker all round and alcantara centre stripe.

The guy who does it is named Jack at www.royalsteeringwheels.com You have to send a core, but he will do almost anything you like. He's becoming pretty popular on the UK section of the forum.
IMG_5689.jpg

IMG_5690.jpg

Hey..:):)..Looks Very Good... mine is similar but nappa on sides and red stitching and centre stripe. Can't wait to get mine and fit in on !!! :ford:

OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Hey..:):)..Looks Very Good... mine is similar but nappa on sides and red stitching and centre stripe. Can't wait to get mine and fit in on !!! :ford:
Sounds good! The leather feels like good quality

OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good!

Where did you get the core from?
I bought one off someone in the UK who sent it directly to Jack. Saved a bit of postage. Apparently some of the shops that modify mustangs have some lying around for sale, but I never got a reply when I enquired so went down this route instead.

Sponsored

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
That does look good! Was the core wheel a GT350 or the standard wheel. I.e did he straighten the bottom of the wheel?

OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
That does look good! Was the core wheel a GT350 or the standard wheel. I.e did he straighten the bottom of the wheel?
Just a standard wheel. He flattened it out, thickened the whole thing and made the thumb grips bigger too

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just a standard wheel. He flattened it out, thickened the whole thing and made the thumb grips bigger too
What was the approx cost in AUD delivered to you? Just wondering how it compares the the gt350 wheel. Noting that the quality is probably better.

OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
What was the approx cost in AUD delivered to you? Just wondering how it compares the the gt350 wheel. Noting that the quality is probably better.
It was £220+£40shipping+the core. The alcantara added £10 to the price and flattening is more expensive. You can get whatever you want, obviously. A lot of the UK guys have combinations of perforated and smooth leather instead. It's certainly thicker than a Shelby wheel too which feels better to me.

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
I bought one off someone in the UK who sent it directly to Jack. Saved a bit of postage. Apparently some of the shops that modify mustangs have some lying around for sale, but I never got a reply when I enquired so went down this route instead.
Can I have my cardboard box back :D

Hope you got it fitted ok

OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Can I have my cardboard box back :D

Hope you got it fitted ok
I pick up the car on Friday, so will probably fit it this weekend.

Thanks again for the help - the result is fantastic. The wheel also has your name written on it for posterity - hah! I'm guessing Jack labelled it.
Sponsored