Sponsored

Six weeks after taking delivery of my Mustang GT is dead.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Im Sorry for you Gavin and can only imagine your anguish. Its shits me that they have also damaged your paint. Hopefully they give you a new car. Good luck
Sponsored

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
I'd be pushing for a whole new car.

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
If they do replace it with a brand new engine does that also mean it will have a mismatched engine number, if so, another reason to ask for a replacement car.

OP
OP

Gavin k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Mustang
Yes I am feeling like it will be returned to me a very second hand and have had no remains of that special new car air about it any more.

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
:(

Sponsored

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
i would be requesting a replacement, a ring failure is obviously a major failure, therefore the lemon laws (came in in 2011 i believe) entitle you to a refund or replacement. not some half damaged slap job repair. not to mention the reduction in value due to mismatching engine/vin numbers. oh well, hoping for the best outcome for you mate.

Bestia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Race Red Mustang
shit Go - as everyone else is saying i'd be pushing for a new car aswell

900dukess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have followed this thread with some interest as I have had a similar issue on a new Subaru a couple of years ago, long story short I requested a trade in price of our vehicle on a new one and the dealer offered a good price as part of "good will" and we took delivery of a new vehicle. It did however cost a couple of $$ but the time we factored in a few things and the thought of a "dealer" reconditioned engine vs a new car and our own peace of mind it worked all out ok.

The issue no doubt would be another length wait for a new Mustang.

I hope they resolve the issue quickly for you as it is very annoying and does take the shine of owning a new car.

OP
OP

Gavin k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Mustang
I have followed this thread with some interest as I have had a similar issue on a new Subaru a couple of years ago, long story short I requested a trade in price of our vehicle on a new one and the dealer offered a good price as part of "good will" and we took delivery of a new vehicle. It did however cost a couple of $$ but the time we factored in a few things and the thought of a "dealer" reconditioned engine vs a new car and our own peace of mind it worked all out ok.

The issue no doubt would be another length wait for a new Mustang.

I hope they resolve the issue quickly for you as it is very annoying and does take the shine of owning a new car.
I am not understanding what your saying.. You think I should ask for a trade in value on the car and hand over more $$ to get in one that has not had any issues??

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
I am not understanding what your saying.. You think I should ask for a trade in value on the car and hand over more $$ to get in one that has not had any issues??
Six weeks old car... should not be any $$$$ for replacement if provided.

Sponsored

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
they try to give us a hard time at certain dealers here in the states too. I had my transmission totally rebuilt with new parts. but when they cracked it open they said is showed signs of excessive abuse and rough driving. not the case what so ever for me. .. then my buddy actually messed his transmission up actually beating on it , bent a fork etc and they said the same thing(same dealer) . both times I said and advised him to tell them to piss off as ford puts line locks and other track apps what the hell do you think people are going to do? on mine I even made them change the clutch and fly wheel so it was all new stuff.
my point is , some of these dealers still have the old mentality of just blame the consumer and wash our hands of it smh . good luck to you and im with the mob, seek legal help

OP
OP

Gavin k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Mustang
the four week up date is tech line have told the dealer to order a new bottom end not a dressed motor and I am pudding for a replacement car.

Not happy at all Ford Australia

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
the four week up date is tech line have told the dealer to order a new bottom end not a dressed motor and I am pudding for a replacement car.

Not happy at all Ford Australia
:tsk:

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Keep on pushing!

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have consumer laws that enable you to reject the car ? If so i'd use that as leverage to get what you want.
Sponsored