Ruby Red spray paint?

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
I am looking to paint my engine cover and coil covers myself and want to match the Ruby red but cant seem to find this in a spray can anywhere.

Anyone able to find this color in a spray paint form?
Sponsored

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
OP
OP
tza888

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
That looks almost exactly what i plan on doing. Thanks a ton! Will order as soon as you check that color.

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
OP
OP
tza888

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
Lol yeah thats a bit differnt. Thanks for looking. Did you prime all the parts before you painted them with this or was this enough to stick to the plastic? Was one can of each enough? Sorry for all the questions.

Sponsored

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
Lol yeah thats a bit differnt. Thanks for looking. Did you prime all the parts before you painted them with this or was this enough to stick to the plastic? Was one can of each enough? Sorry for all the questions.
No worries with the questions - that's what the forum is for, right?

I'm pretty sure I did use a coat or two of primer. It was a while ago, so I'm not remembering 100%. Search around here on how people are painting their engine covers and you should find the info. I did the method where I sprayed the red, let it cure, then sprayed the silver and wiped up over-spray.

One can should have been enough, but I had to re-do it a couple times when I wasn't happy with the way it was going. I used about a can and a half of the red.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Check in with NAPA. I was looking for an off color paint to do my roll cage in my Jeep a couple years ago and found out they could mix most any color I wanted and put it in a spray can. The color was Rescue Green, a light earthy green with some metallic in it. Had them make me 3 cans and they worked great and color matched my Jeep. Surprisingly it wasn't very costly either.