Sponsored

Ikon RTR style rear diffuser

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That's simple, the OEM diffuser that you're cutting out has the exact same mounting points as the aftermarket one your installing...........If you can installed the aftermarket diffuser, you sure as hell can installed your OEM one back..........
100% correct!!! I kept my piece after cutting it off, it uses the same mounting points as the RTR piece, therefore, as you said, it will easily reattach, and only you will know it was cut off lol
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
For those looking to replace the base bumper they also offer this complete kit.
I found this yesterday on eBay and got excited. I think I am going this route eventually. I would like to get the bumper and splitter painted. Then wrap the little fins in black vinyl (that way if I wanted to go solid, they'd be painted already). I could get that done for $300-$350, it would be totally worth it.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Because look as the photo back 1 page on the yellow bumper. Each side of the "flap" you cut off has 3 tabs which the black piece of trim you take off holds it to the main bumper.

The line you are cutting of plastic likely isnt needed at all to hold it on as is more for alignment at the factory and to keep the bumper 1 piece.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I see what you mean now...
I threw my stock piece away. damn it!

Sponsored

Bert03GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
If you have a premium bumper then yes you can go back to the stock valance if you still have it. If you cut your base model bumper then theres no turning back.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Do you have a link for that one? I looked through all the ebay listings they had and didn't see it?

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Where do I find this one? I don't want the gt350 style. This would be perfect for me. I looked on ebay and their site. all I see is the gt350 style. I wish they sold just the bumper itself with no valence.

Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where do I find this one? I don't want the gt350 style. This would be perfect for me. I looked on ebay and their site. all I see is the gt350 style. I wish they sold just the bumper itself with no valence.
I couldn't find that one either. I guess they pulled it :shrug:

Oh well, I'm hoping once the '18 launches there will be a bunch of ppl swapping out the the new quad set up and selling off their original premium bumpers. I don't even know if they can retrofit but I'm cheap and hopeful :D

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I don't want the quad tip setup... End of my mufflers are really close to the rear of the bumper and no quad tips would fit back there. I messaged them asking if they still had them available. I really would buy it in a heart beat.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't want the quad tip setup... End of my mufflers are really close to the rear of the bumper and no quad tips would fit back there. I messaged them asking if they still had them available. I really would buy it in a heart beat.
Right that's what I mean. I think a lot of people will though so the standard Premium bumpers might hit the resell market, which is what I'm hoping for.

Report back if you are able to get a response from them! :thumbsup:

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Right that's what I mean. I think a lot of people will though so the standard Premium bumpers might hit the resell market, which is what I'm hoping for.

Report back if you are able to get a response from them! :thumbsup:
I keep finding black premiums on ebay, but never race red. It pisses me off haha. Plenty of take off front ones though. The only route I see for now is plastidip the rear valence black.