OP
OP

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB, Manual, PP, Navi, 201a etc.
I had my doubts at first too moto, but there were plenty of good reviews on it from other cars.
Sponsored

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
How slick are these? That's the main gripe I have about the weathertechs.

OP
OP

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
what do u mean? they grip just fine when dry. haven't used them when it's wet yet.

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
Been trying to find a vendor that sells them, want to buy a set for the mustang and for the wife's Explorer Sport at the same time...

Sponsored

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I did a quick search and found these on ebay. Click here.

I didn't get them for the rears. was tempted to, but i almost never have anyone sit back there. I dont even have any oem floor mats back there.. not sure if they didnt' come with the car, or they forgot to give them to me.

Have you got yours yet? Because your link is for the rears. The fronts are:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112317808875?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Oh, but I just ordered the last set in stock. :D

speedaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black base GT
Those Aries look a lot like the 3D Maxspider mats I had in my previous car. I made a pretty in depth review in another forum but unfortunately it's in french...

In short, if they are the same as the 3D mats, quality is sub par for a daily driven car in northern weather. Sure they look awesome (I chose them over the Weathertechs for that), but their design had many flaws compared to the weathertechs:

- The borders aren't as high as the WT and don't protect from overflow as well.

- They have holes with ring clip instead of indentations like WT, letting water seep underneath the mat.

- The plastic rings come appart easily (I had to epoxy them to solve the problem)

- Within less than 20k miles my heels were already digging through the mat ... (see pictures below)

All-in-all, great looking mats, excellent fit and finish and very affordable but nowhere near the quality of Weathertechs. Best of luck with durability for those who have them!

When they were new:

After 18K miles:

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
Wow, and I just ordered them for two cars, lol

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
What is the bottom like? It looks like its velcro but i would be afraid thia pulls and ruins the original trim carpet

OP
OP

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
Those Aries look a lot like the 3D Maxspider mats I had in my previous car. I made a pretty in depth review in another forum but unfortunately it's in french...

In short, if they are the same as the 3D mats, quality is sub par for a daily driven car in northern weather. Sure they look awesome (I chose them over the Weathertechs for that), but their design had many flaws compared to the weathertechs:

- The borders aren't as high as the WT and don't protect from overflow as well.

- They have holes with ring clip instead of indentations like WT, letting water seep underneath the mat.

- The plastic rings come appart easily (I had to epoxy them to solve the problem)

- Within less than 20k miles my heels were already digging through the mat ... (see pictures below)

All-in-all, great looking mats, excellent fit and finish and very affordable but nowhere near the quality of Weathertechs. Best of luck with durability for those who have them!

When they were new:

After 18K miles:

I sure hope the aries are at least using better quality materials than 3d spider. i do admit that they look very similar. Tim will tell.. but it's like half the cost of the weather techs and look way better. I've thought about added a heel plate also.

Sponsored

speedaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black base GT
I sure hope the aries are at least using better quality materials than 3d spider. i do admit that they look very similar. Tim will tell.. but it's like half the cost of the weather techs and look way better. I've thought about added a heel plate also.
Comparing both, it seems like they are made by the same manufacturer, even the cargo liners look the same:

http://www.ariesautomotive.com/category/321/StyleGuard%20Floor%20Liners

http://www.3dmaxpider.com/product_kagumat.html#top

In my case they didn't look good for long as the rubbery surface gets scuffed and the texture wears down quickly, so I had to put detailing trim rejuvenator to get them "back to black", but they would then get a little slippery.

I bought the Weathertechs for the Mustang and just by the nature of the plastic used (heavy duty/thick vs soft rubber top layer with foam core), I can tell the WT will last forever and still look relatively new for years to come.

One thing I loved with the 3Ds was the "velcro" type underlayer that stuck so well to the carpet. Now I always have to double check if the backseat mats are placed properly before letting the kids in with their snowy boots.

Anyways, any custom mat is better than a regular one, so worst case you replace them with Weathertechs when they fail or when they start looking like crap!

:shrug:

OP
OP

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
Comparing both, it seems like they are made by the same manufacturer, even the cargo liners look the same:

http://www.ariesautomotive.com/category/321/StyleGuard%20Floor%20Liners

http://www.3dmaxpider.com/product_kagumat.html#top

In my case they didn't look good for long as the rubbery surface gets scuffed and the texture wears down quickly, so I had to put detailing trim rejuvenator to get them "back to black", but they would then get a little slippery.

I bought the Weathertechs for the Mustang and just by the nature of the plastic used (heavy duty/thick vs soft rubber top layer with foam core), I can tell the WT will last forever and still look relatively new for years to come.

One thing I loved with the 3Ds was the "velcro" type underlayer that stuck so well to the carpet. Now I always have to double check if the backseat mats are placed properly before letting the kids in with their snowy boots.

Anyways, any custom mat is better than a regular one, so worst case you replace them with Weathertechs when they fail or when they start looking like crap!

:shrug:
Did you look into warranty?

speedaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black base GT
Did you look into warranty?
For the initial cost and hassle to ship back and such I never bothered. I was planning on switching to Weathertechs but the car was totaled at 28k miles. I then dealed the WT when buying the Mustang and no regrets so far!

OP
OP

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
For the initial cost and hassle to ship back and such I never bothered. I was planning on switching to Weathertechs but the car was totaled at 28k miles. I then dealed the WT when buying the Mustang and no regrets so far!
I dont put enough miles on my car, but i'll diffidently post an update a few months down the line on my condition.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
I dont put enough miles on my car, but i'll diffidently post an update a few months down the line on my condition.
Recieved mine today and put them in. Perfect fit. We'll see how they hold up. I'm not hard on mats. My factory mats still look good. :cheers:
Sponsored