bolt on A6, no stall 60' times?

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
nothing to lose at all, i plan to try that next time out, may also try inducing some wheel spin also because it sure doesnt FEEL like its spinning (may datalog also).

thanks markmurphie for the link, it sure does LOOK like it might be spinning a little ways out.

This was the first time out with this car and i didnt want to change to many variables each pass so i was only varying my launch technique. i also forgot to disconnect the sway bar. next time out i will remember to do that and play with tire pressure now that i see that the car does best brake stalling to 1-1500 and stomping.

thanks for the analysis everyone!
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Stock converter, stock 255 pirelli's, lund tune, and exhaust I got consistent sub 2.0 60's last fall with a best of 1.94. That is with stalling to only about 1,200 and slowly easing into the throttle to avoid cooking the tires horribly.

With the 555's you should be able to get under 1.90. As others have said it appears to dead hook the first couple rolls then start spinning. Also just because you don't hear spinning doesn't mean they're not spinning.

As stated already the tire PSI is pretty high, but what kind of burnout length are you doing?

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
was the part where the car is DEAD HOOKING overlooked?? you want to run as much pressure as you can while still hooking, you only drop psi if you arent hooking as hard as you can...

was looking to see what other people are getting at this power level with stock stall, thats all the info im really after at this point
LMAO!
You need to take everything you hear on here with a grain of salt. EVERYONE cuts 1.4 60s on stock Pirellis around here cuz #Drivermod

You are in FLORIDA, hot and humid af.
I cut a 1.867 on a chilly 85 degree Texas night. I had the best results stalling to 1500 and mashing it as I let go of the brakes.
Gears , tire size, heat, humidity all play a factor in your 60.
Call Circle D for the remedy. (ohh....and if you are wondering FK NO IT WILL NOT DRIVE "just like stock")

I am waiting for the track to open up to get some datalogging in for the new setup.:thumbsup:

PW: pls
[ame]https://vimeo.com/205143151[/ame]

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I'm running the 555r's and haven't been able to maximize their potential, but I have only aired down to 25lbs..... Even still I'm able to cut a 1.8 pretty easy. I have a Roush phase 1 blower with a Lund tune. Come on out to Bradenton for Street Night on March 25th.... I'll watch what you're doing close up....

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Factory stall, A6 Ecoboost, on 19" Mickey Thompson ET Streets, she's cut a best of 1.6000 60' so far.
I'm NOT BUYING THIS POST. sorry!

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
I'm NOT BUYING THIS POST. sorry!
Good, because this post is not for sale :headbonk:

But no, in all seriousness - If you don't believe it, I have plenty of proof and nothing to hide - go watch my videos on YouTube brother. Link is in my signature.

The car just works (worked), and is exceptionally fast for what it is. Bolt-ons, E30, and a 75 shot of gas = about 475rwhp and a good driver on a good tire.

Car has beaten (4) Hellcats, a ZR1 Corvette, Roush-charged S550, ProCharged S550, GT500, and numerous other "fast cars" that it shouldn't have beat.

Car is down for a full rebuild at the moment (bc I blew it up like a f*ckwad), and when it comes back out, the intention is to go deep into the 10's full weight, and hopefully be able to put together a high 9 in full race mode.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Good, because this post is not for sale :headbonk:

But no, in all seriousness - If you don't believe it, I have plenty of proof and nothing to hide - go watch my videos on YouTube brother. Link is in my signature.

The car just works (worked), and is exceptionally fast for what it is. Bolt-ons, E30, and a 75 shot of gas = about 475rwhp and a good driver on a good tire.

Car has beaten (4) Hellcats, a ZR1 Corvette, Roush-charged S550, ProCharged S550, GT500, and numerous other "fast cars" that it shouldn't have beat.

Car is down for a full rebuild at the moment (bc I blew it up like a f*ckwad), and when it comes back out, the intention is to go deep into the 10's full weight, and hopefully be able to put together a high 9 in full race mode.
You didn't mention the nitrous til now.:headbonk: I cut 1.2s in my nitrous 95GT. We're shooting for 8s this year! Talking about a nitrous car isn't going to help, or offer any insight to a guy. Talking about a mild bolt-on S550. :tsk:And by the way. All the cars you listed aren't fast! Impressive none the less that your little 4 banger beats them. But your 1.6 is about as relative to this conversation as my 1.2 in the 95.

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You didn't mention the nitrous til now.:headbonk: I cut 1.2s in my nitrous 95GT. We're shooting for 8s this year! That's not going to help a guy talking about a bolt on S550. And by the way. All the cars you listed aren't fast!
LOL - I hear what you're saying and I would argue that it's still relative to the OP's inquiry.

Follow me here: '310hp' car (factory Ecoboost rating) + 75 shot = ~385hp +/-. Plus a couple bolt-on mods, call them another 30hp for an estimated ~415hp car.

And about how much HP does a bolt on S550 Coyote put out?

So see, it's relative and relevant still. And I never sprayed the car outta the hole, always at about the 100' mark. And I also used the " " around the term "fast cars" :headbang:

Now catch me this coming winter with the car back on the track, FR halfshafts installed, 1pc driveshaft installed, slicks & skinnies installed, and all new fully built motor (shooting for ~650hp) installed - and I'll be sprayin' the ole girl right outta the hole on my BMR goodies and hanging on and shooting to get into the 1.4X 60' mark - and then my info wouldn't be relevant anymore :)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
LOL - I hear what you're saying and I would argue that it's still relative to the OP's inquiry.

Follow me here: '310hp' car (factory Ecoboost rating) + 75 shot = ~385hp +/-. Plus a couple bolt-on mods, call them another 30hp for an estimated ~415hp car.

And about how much HP does a bolt on S550 Coyote put out?

So see, it's relative and relevant still. And I never sprayed the car outta the hole, always at about the 100' mark. And I also used the " " around the term "fast cars" :headbang:

Now catch me this coming winter with the car back on the track, FR halfshafts installed, 1pc driveshaft installed, slicks & skinnies installed, and all new fully built motor (shooting for ~650hp) installed - and I'll be sprayin' the ole girl right outta the hole on my BMR goodies and hanging on and shooting to get into the 1.4X 60' mark - and then my info wouldn't be relevant anymore :)
Come on dude. Nitrous is instant HP and torque right off the line. Everyone sprays off the line. If you cant understand that you shouldn't be in this conversation.

Sponsored

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Come on dude. Nitrous is instant HP and torque right off the line. Everyone sprays off the line. If you cant understand that you shouldn't be in this conversation.
Jesus.

So you're one of "those guys", huh?

Got it.

Everything you say is right and perfect.

Everything anyone else says is wrong and imperfect.

Nobody could possibly know more about their own car than you.

Nobody could possibly done something you didn't do, or couldn't do.

My bad, oh Holy one. You're right, I'm wrong. My car never 1.6000 60', never did it without the nitrous coming on until at least the 100' mark, and I shouldn't be in this conversation. Sorry.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I have seen tuned and bolt on ecoboosts cut 1.6 sixty foots w/o nitrous.

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
:headbang:

The best I've personally seen them so far is in the high 1.5X range w/o nitrous.
And that was done by my tuner, on a pass that exploded his driveshaft in half.

The other guys who are in the 9's already (Brad @ BG Racing, Bill @ UPR) are both using nitrous and I believe are both on fully aftermarket IRS systems with 15" rear wheel/tire combos already. They're ahead of the curve, for sure, and pushing the envelope for guys like me to follow behind their foot steps down the road.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I've seen tuned EBs run 11.0sbefore they blew up! Again how does that translate to the conversation were having????? How many F*&king light bolt on stock stalled 5.0 are cutting a 1.60 sixty? Correct answer is none! I'm real happy for 4 banger dude. Notice he's already broke at 400+Hp!!!! But the point is still your comparing apples and oranges by comparing tuned FI cars to NA cars.!

Last edited:

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82