Sponsored

Sai Li Fuel System Install

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
SAI LI'S NEW KIT IS DIFFERENT THAN THE ONE I INSTALLED.. It should still be the same guide, just different pumps.

If you have any questions I'll try to help but you can contact Sai Li on facebook. He responds quickly. I will attach photos when I get home.

Sai Li's Dual Fuel Pump Kit​
Lift the hood and remove positive and negative from the battery.

Remove backseat, by pushing in tabs under the middle of each seat.

Unplug the FPDM.

Remove the rubber seal, unplug the fuel pump connector and fuel feed line. There is a red plastic clip that needs to be removed first, then a black clip.

Use a flat blade screwdriver or chisel and a hammer to remove the metal lock ring.

Lift the fuel pump assembly out enough to remove the line on the bottom of the fuel pump assembly.

Install the Sai Li assembly and plug the fuel transfer line on the bottom.

Place assembly in tank and install metal lock ring.

Lift the hood and install the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) on the driver side shock tower.

Remove feed fuel line from fuel rail and connect the silver adapter with black male to male installed.

Connect fuel feed line to adapter and press into fuel rail.

Measure fuel line and cut(I find PVC cutters to work the best).

Install fittings, with rail return going into the side of FPR, and fuel tank return going out the bottom.

Install 90 degree fitting onto left over fuel hose, install on the bottom of FPR.

Jack the driver side of the car up, enough to lay under driver side.

Run the fuel hose to the driver side corner, down the firewall and into the plastic cover.

Once it's fed to the rear, push the hose up the side of the fuel tank where the stock line is and grab it from inside the car.

Ensure there's enough slack in the line for movement, cut the line and install fitting then connect to the fuel pump assembly.

Slip the rubber seal over the plug then plug in the supplied wiring to the fuel pump assembly.

The yellow wire and black wire splice to the smallest two wires on the original fuel pump connecter. I went with yellow/yellow then black/teal.

The two blue wires connect to the FPDM. If you wire the two blue wires to the purple/green wire, it will continusly prime the fuel pumps. If you connect it to the yellow/gray wire it will prime like stock.

Remove the inside panel to mount relays and attach ground to an already established ground.

Run the red power wire to the passenger side, up the bottom door jam (remove panels, they just snap off), to the seal for the window, past the battery then crimp wires in the supplied ring terminal and connect to the fuse box.

Ensure no wires will be damaged, install the rear seat.

Sponsored

Last edited:

svtpickemup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 1995 F-150 Lightning
Pics are broken for me too. And where do you get this kit? I've looked but cannot find it.

OP
OP

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
It's weird, they are broken on my phone but not the computer. I'll upload them somewhere else.
You purchase the kit through Sai Li from facebook. He's a local tuner.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
$950 shipped. I paid $900 because I picked it up.

Sal GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Procharged GT
If using a "Chisel" on the metal ring PLEASE make sure its brass, you don't want sparks flying!

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hey man, is there anyway to send the pics to me personally ? They are broken on my phone and computer and I just got my Sai Li fuel kit in today looking to install ASAP.

OP
OP

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Hey man, is there anyway to send the pics to me personally ? They are broken on my phone and computer and I just got my Sai Li fuel kit in today looking to install ASAP.
I will upload the photos on a different site in the morning. If you have any questions, feel free to post here. I get notifications for this thread.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
I'm in a rush right now, so i'll fix them to the post later.

Last edited:

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thanks man. I appretiate it!

joedrt73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base coupe
Do you have a pic of the fuel pump harness installed?

joedrt73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base coupe
I was trying to see how you had the wires spliced into the FPDM connector....and does the connector plug back into the FPDM?
Sponsored