OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
This is going to look too great! I have thought about trying this myself but know I could never pull it off and paying someone to do it is out of the question as its around 3k around here.

Good luck!
That was always how I felt as well, 3k was just too much to rationalize for a color change. There is no question this is a huge pain in the ass but it shows me how good they professionals really are. Thanks man
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Update

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Thanks for the write up. I've considered this exact thing myself, same color even. Keep up the good work, I'm excited for your progress.

I wrapped my mirrors awhile back, and it was very challenging.

IMG_8196.jpg

IMG_8195.jpg

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
It makes you wonder if one day manufacturers will just wrap cars instead of painting them. It would probably cost less and be more durable. It really looks good though, I like that color/look even better than the white paint. It helps that you are taking the time to do a great job. Are you going to do any accents? Black? Looking forward to seeing more.

Sponsored

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
Like most things, it's not the product that's excessive, it's the man hours that go into it. Unless they invent a wrapping robot or some sort of self forming wrap I think paint week be the thing for decades to come.

Ps, car looks cool

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Like most things, it's not the product that's excessive, it's the man hours that go into it. Unless they invent a wrapping robot or some sort of self forming wrap I think paint week be the thing for decades to come.

Ps, car looks cool
So it would take less time to paint a car than wrap it? I know they have machines paint the car but doesn't someone still have to sand between coats? Plus the time it takes for the paint to dry, repaints because of issues, fixing any flaws found at point of sale?

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
It makes you wonder if one day manufacturers will just wrap cars instead of painting them. It would probably cost less and be more durable. It really looks good though, I like that color/look even better than the white paint. It helps that you are taking the time to do a great job. Are you going to do any accents? Black? Looking forward to seeing more.
Thanks man , I did the satin white pearl because I loved the look and I knew as a first timer doing the entire car it would mask any imperfections on edges etc. as it looks similar to the Oxford white. I plan on doing gloss Black roof to accents the 5.0, tints and wheels.

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Ps, car looks cool
Thank man totally agree, paint is and will always be the most mass producible finish.

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Update

Sponsored

RouteAbel

2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, Magnetic
I would be interested to see a video of your process if you are up for making one.

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I would be interested to see a video of your process if you are up for making one.
A video of the actual vinyl work? Not sure I would be up to doing that as panels like the one last night can take upwards of 4 hours to get perfect. There is a YouTube video of a time lapsed wrap of our car, that has helped me understand how to segregate the panels. Hope that helps.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
So it would take less time to paint a car than wrap it? I know they have machines paint the car but doesn't someone still have to sand between coats? Plus the time it takes for the paint to dry, repaints because of issues, fixing any flaws found at point of sale?
Yep, still faster. It take about 18 hours to make a car from the time parts go in and a car comes out, and that is not taking in to account that while it takes 18 hours to make one car that a new car rolls off the line about every 2-5 mins.

I cannot think of anyone who can wrap a car that fast ;)

And vinyl is only expected to last 2-3 years. If it lasted longer I would wrap my stuff /shrug

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Update

Monica_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Performance pack
Nice post! After experimenting with the vinyl wrap over the summer it's definitely challenging. I'm actually going to take classes to learn how to do this in the future since I love the different color options vinyl provides! I also could use a side job /hobby. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Sponsored