Sponsored

Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Thoughts!?

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Looking for a quick detailer/waxer for my GT. I love to keep it shining, and looking as pretty as possible.

I recently used some of the Chemical Guys to wash it, and it did a fantastic job really restoring the shine, and bringing out the blue.

What is everyone's thoughts about the Hybrid V7?
Sponsored

LawsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium PP
I used it during my drying process after every wash when I had my black S197. It worked very well for me in that regard but I can't say I ever used it much between washes for detailing.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
I'm a huge fan of Chemical Guys products but I actually had better results from Adam's Polishes' Detail Spray. At least, IMO.

Sponsored

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have a gallon of v07. Honestly I think I bought into all their hype that they push on all their products. Chemical guys is really good at advertising and getting their product out there, but I really don't think that v07 is enhancing my metallic paint or giving me a high gloss as they claim. I've achieved much higher gloss out of other detailers. I don't think it makes detailing faster and easier as they also claim. I usually have to really inspect the paint after using it because it loves to leave streaks. Just my opinion. Maybe it doesn't bond well with my silica based sealant. Been using it awhile, and will continue till I run out. Pretty expensive product.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
I like it as a quick detailer and have used it when needed, but I prefer speed wipe from them. May just be me, but I did not think Hybrid V7 is a s good as the hype. Maybe yellow isn't a good color for it.

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I use it as a quick detailer over my cquartz. I'm happy with it, but its not God's Gift to Mankind or anything like that

thewoodscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Base
I've been using it for about a month now. Where I live is very dusty, there's some farm land and empty lots near by. My car doesn't get as dusty as it did when like I was using Meguiar's Quik Detailer. So far I like it

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
I've been using v7 soap and detail spray on my car since I got the car about 2 years ago. I love it. Perfect for getting rid of water spots from the hard well water at my house and I use it in between washes about once a week or for spot treatment and the car comes out looking like it had a full detail.

I started using it on my wheels at some point and they do stay cleaner and are easier to wash when I do a full detail. I also use it on all my windows and mirrors and it does a really good job of shedding water in the rain. Not quite as good as rain x but probably 90% there.

I actually just clayed my car for the first time but the paint still felt smooth a glass from constant use of v7 and twice a year application of jet seal. Car is my DD and is garage kept when home so I'm sure that has helped keep the paint fresher than a car that sits outside 24/7 but using jetseal and v7 is just extra protection.

I don't think I'll ever use another detail spray.
Sponsored