AU to US Tail Light swap?

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
2016 manual triple yellow with gt stripes
By watching this video below. I think if we swap our lights to us style and use that sequential turn signal module supplied by 2stang. It may work because that thing activate the amber lights on our cars. Haven't tried it but if you are going to buy the us style lights. Its worth to try it out.
[ame]
Sponsored

tienlo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Manual GT, S2000, 350z, MT-03
By watching this video below. I think if we swap our lights to us style and use that sequential turn signal module supplied by 2stang. It may work because that thing activate the amber lights on our cars. Haven't tried it but if you are going to buy the us style lights. Its worth to try it out.
Thanks for the info! I used this video to remove my lights, particularly the part where they use some little scissors to remove the pins from the harness.

There's a potential problem with the taillight swap...
I'm going to have to look into this later (because my original clear tail lights are now in California haha) but I suspect that with our clear RHD tail lights the two centre-most red LED strips operate in unison (which may be an issue when connecting our car's output signal to US tri-bar sequential lights)

Last edited:

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual AUS

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Tail lights

Hi there's a guy in UK that is doing the lights he charges ÂŁ750 exchange for the rear

Sponsored

00racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black GT
"I had this installed from CTB in Auckland NZ love them 1000 kiwi"

yeah they are cool ... but wont comply here on the otherside ot the ditch as they have red blinkers ..... argh

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Was thinking 9f doing tintin whem mine will arrive. Is it legal? Will there be issues with the insurance company in case of accidents?

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Was thinking 9f doing tintin whem mine will arrive. Is it legal? Will there be issues with the insurance company in case of accidents?
My advice to you is use form advice as a guide, but not a guarantee.

At the end of the day your insurance policy is a contract between you and the insurer, and you need to disclose (or not disclose) as you see fit, and then manage any damage claims on the basis of the insurance contract you've negotiated.
Sponsored