Sponsored

Boost Works Twin Turbo System(s) Updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We've been hard at work developing a few different turbo options for you guys.

When we sat down to think about how to tackle this task, we decided that we would design both "entry level" and "top tier" systems. This will give our customers options that are tailored to their needs and their budget.

What's important to note is that ALL of our parts are fabricated in-house using top quality 304 stainless and 6061 aluminum. We are proud to offer American made products in a market where more and more companies are farming stuff out overseas.

Our entry level system will be capable of making 800-1200hp, and will feature Precision Turbo billet wheel journal bearing turbos. It will use the factory stainless tubular manifolds and fabricated stainless mid-pipes to hold the turbochargers and waste-gates. This Wil be a very big "bang for your buck" option. We plan to enter the market in the $6-7k range for our entry level system.

Our top tier system will feature Comp Triplex ceramic ball bearing, billet wheel turbos. These unique turbos do not require engine oil, and instead rely on military grade turbine grease to keep them lubricated. It is a proven design and eliminates the need to use scavenge pumps or tap your oil pan.

It will also feature 4-1 tubular turbo manifolds, hand crafted from 316L stainless steel. Back purging is standard practice for our shop, and we offer a lifetime warranty on our turbo manifolds against cracking.

This system will be capable of supporting 800-1600hp depending on turbo sizing. We will custom tailor to meet your goals. We plan on being in the $8-9k range for our top tier system.

We will also offer upgrades for base system owners who want to maybe ease into things first, then upgrade later. Our stock manifold/adapter layout will share the same footprint as our tubular manifold design. So, you can upgrade later without having to change anything else. Or simply swap out turbos for more power capability.

Right now, we're designing our base kit on a 2016 auto gt, with Comp ball bearing turbo upgrade shown.

Stay tuned!
Sponsored

Last edited:

EVIL-PUNKIN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT Premium
Any possible way some adaptations could be made to the kit for us guys running longtubes instead of the factory manifolds? I doubt it would be worthwhile for you guys, but hey, it's worth asking!

Brian Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Travis when do you realistically believe the kits will be available for purchase? I'm making a decision very soon between the KB package and Procharger (and yes I've weighed all pros and cons of each system in great detail), but if this will be an option soon I will consider this too. I coach football and once that starts in June I'll have no time to install whatever system I choose.

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I assume this will require 11-14 stock headers on the entry level. At least the driver side. If so, will that come with the kit? Also, since your kit will be designed to connect with stock headers, can 11-14 Kooks shorties be used?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Nice work guys. Question about your turbo locations...how much stress testing do you plan to do for those of us in wetter climates? I'm sure some folks will have concerns about driving in the rain with the turbos being so close to the ground. Not to mention parasitic heat into the oil and transmission pans.

Sponsored

Jakebiscamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yall are so close to me, im ready!

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
ooooooh.....

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Travis, so Stage1 will have oil-return pump or you offer both type turbos for stage1 (entry level) kit?
Will the kit come with a Lund tune or is tune additional cost?

In stage1, does the WG dumps into exhaust system or will it be open.

It's funny, I was about to send you a PM suggesting to offer two kits, starting with entry level and I saw your thread today.

Fonzy1983

DaFonz
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
Black PP GT (2015), 2012 BMW X5
Also curious about availability date! (For manual transmission)

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I'd be in for the top tier. Ditto on being able to fab to longtubes! Win-win!!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice work guys. Question about your turbo locations...how much stress testing do you plan to do for those of us in wetter climates? I'm sure some folks will have concerns about driving in the rain with the turbos being so close to the ground. Not to mention parasitic heat into the oil and transmission pans.
We're pretty rainy down here in Houston.. So, this is the perfect test bed for that. Generally speaking, we don't have issues. Granted, you wouldn't want to flog your car and then splash into a 12" deep flooded roadway, but I don't think you'd want to do that with/without turbos. lol.

When you think about it, the vehicle's factory cats are at the same level as the turbochargers, and they get just as hot (if not hotter). There really isn't a heating issue with this placement. That's why I love to do it this way. It keeps the heat out of everything.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I assume this will require 11-14 stock headers on the entry level. At least the driver side. If so, will that come with the kit? Also, since your kit will be designed to connect with stock headers, can 11-14 Kooks shorties be used?
We actually modify the 2015+ driver's side factory manifold, and will work out an exchange system for our customers. If you send your factory parts back, you get a credit! :)

Unfortunately, there's really no way to connect to a long tube header, as the collector is so far down that there's no place to put the turbocharger(s).

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Travis, so Stage1 will have oil-return pump or you offer both type turbos for stage1 (entry level) kit?
Will the kit come with a Lund tune or is tune additional cost?

In stage1, does the WG dumps into exhaust system or will it be open.

It's funny, I was about to send you a PM suggesting to offer two kits, starting with entry level and I saw your thread today.
It will come standard with a pump and journal bearing precision's. However, you CAN upgrade to the oil-less turbos, which is what this customer did exactly.

We will offer tuner systems (no tune/injectors), and everything in between. We're really going to try to cater to our customers here on this, as we realize there are more options (than the S/C stuff), and people are going to want to do different things.

Something for everyone is where we're aiming. :)

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Also curious about availability date! (For manual transmission)
Both systems will be interchangeable between manual and auto cars. We plan to have kits on the shelf in about 4-6 weeks, and will start taking pre-orders once we have numbers and more data/info.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.