Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
okay I dont know how true this is but a guy commented on a youtube tutorial video with the following quote

"Ok so I figured it out. If you download from the official version on Ford's website you need to rename all the files because Ford was stupid and named all the update .tar files to syncmyride####### so you need to make a folder called syncmyride and put all the .tar files in that folder and delete "syncmyride" part of all the files in the name. Then keep the autoinstaller file out of that folder in the flash drive"

[MENTION=22579]TexasRebel[/MENTION]can we confirm this?
This is not true. If you use the iOS build-in extractor it will flatten the files collapsing the folder name into the flattened file names. If you use any other extractor whether on windows or on iOS this does not apply.
Sponsored

panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This worked flawlessly for me, though I did have a bad moment when I was impatient and restarted the car too soon and was treated to a black screen.

Shutting it back off and actually waiting 10 minutes (like the instructions say) solved the problem.

I haven't received the upgraded USB hub yet.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
my wifi update checker keep going in a loop and I dont know how to fix it

Sponsored

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
But they are asking $50 for 6 months. :(
call em up, they'll more than likely cut that price down.

make sure to either set up paper billing so that you get a reminder in the mail or set an alarm/notification of some sort to call back prior to whatever term length you agree to expiring so that you can call back and renegotiate again.

if you set up your account using a debit/cc card, they will auto bill you and you will miss your negotiating window if you forget to call.

if you paper bill, then you dont have to worry as you'll get an actual notice in the mail and then you just call at that time to renegotiate.

Sean006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem
After all that I don't think it's that great.
Apps are huge
I like having the home screen better on sync 3
Maps is horrible on car play

I can see using this if I did not want to buy a car with navi - substitute CarPlay instead.

Don't get the hype on this one.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Apps are huge

I can see using this if I did not want to buy a car with navi - substitute CarPlay instead.

yeah its not for everyone, not sure about Car Play but Android Auto voice recognition blows Sync's voice recognition out of the water, and I dont need to mention how much better google maps is........

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Apps are huge

I go into my car, connect the phone. Put it face down wherever,
start driving, realize i'm not sure on the directions.
I say "ok google" without touching anything, "Navigate to XYZ" on the dash i get Google Maps (which is superior in any way to the built in NAV or Apple Maps".
Start driving with getting turn by turn navigation, now i want some music "ok google, play XYZ", google music start playing.
I get a whats'app msg from my wife, i dont miss it because now its on my dash screen, i touch the notification the music pauses and i hear her msg.

now im on my way home, i get close to home: "OK Google" "Open garage door" , my garage door opens.

These are just tiny examples of why i have been waited for AA for so long.

Now, before anyone tells me "Yeah, but i can do that with my phone as well":
1. I dont need to look in my phone screen.
2. I dont give cops a reason to stop me and fine me for using my phone.
3. I dont need to talk closely into my phone mic, with AA everything stops as u say "Ok Google" or push the voice control steering wheel button.
4. I love technology, and if anyone love to argue as to why not advance with it. Thats their choice :)

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
What all is needed to make the garage door voice command work?

Sponsored

Sean006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem
I go into my car, connect the phone. Put it face down wherever,
start driving, realize i'm not sure on the directions.
I say "ok google" without touching anything, "Navigate to XYZ" on the dash i get Google Maps (which is superior in any way to the built in NAV or Apple Maps".
Start driving with getting turn by turn navigation, now i want some music "ok google, play XYZ", google music start playing.
I get a whats'app msg from my wife, i dont miss it because now its on my dash screen, i touch the notification the music pauses and i hear her msg.

now im on my way home, i get close to home: "OK Google" "Open garage door" , my garage door opens.

These are just tiny examples of why i have been waited for AA for so long.

Now, before anyone tells me "Yeah, but i can do that with my phone as well":
1. I dont need to look in my phone screen.
2. I dont give cops a reason to stop me and fine me for using my phone.
3. I dont need to talk closely into my phone mic, with AA everything stops as u say "Ok Google" or push the voice control steering wheel button.
4. I love technology, and if anyone love to argue as to why not advance with it. Thats their choice :)

Yeah that sounds great for AA. But CarPlay does not support google maps on the screen

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have it but only brings up the map app from apple and u have to put a destination in ?
you should be able to voice command enter address in too
Sponsored