NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

JSCOTT0812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
So I converted my MFT to SYNC 3 this afternoon and it was a breeze. Didn't have to program the VIN or anything and it still works great. Only problem I have now is that a GPS antenna didn't come with my new unit and I don't have one just hanging out obviously. Anyone know where I can get a replacement antenna. Called Ford and they weren't much help. Said that I can buy a whole new antenna that mounts on the roof but I don't think I need all that.
Sponsored

Augster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Successfully completed the update on my 2016 Sync3 w/ navi.

Although everything seems to be working is there a way to reset it back?

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Successfully completed the update on my 2016 Sync3 w/ navi.

Although everything seems to be working is there a way to reset it back?
No, if you try to master reset it will still keep the update but only reset your personal settings and map favorites

So I converted my MFT to SYNC 3 this afternoon and it was a breeze. Didn't have to program the VIN or anything and it still works great. Only problem I have now is that a GPS antenna didn't come with my new unit and I don't have one just hanging out obviously. Anyone know where I can get a replacement antenna. Called Ford and they weren't much help. Said that I can buy a whole new antenna that mounts on the roof but I don't think I need all that.
[MENTION=19559]JSCOTT0812[/MENTION] yeah ford wont bother helping, best person to get that from is [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] and at a lower price than ford.

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/142081702637

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Very interesting that you didn't have to program the VIN. Does it have one in there at all fro the previous car?
I posted the link to the thread that walks through all of that. You need to run the new antenna and the best spot is laid out in OEMRadio's video. Here is a link to the antenna you need

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004U33K82/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And here is a link to the post with the video:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1662396&postcount=45

Sponsored

JSCOTT0812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Very interesting that you didn't have to program the VIN. Does it have one in there at all fro the previous car?
I posted the link to the thread that walks through all of that. You need to run the new antenna and the best spot is laid out in OEMRadio's video. Here is a link to the antenna you need

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004U33K82/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And here is a link to the post with the video:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1662396&postcount=45

Thank you so much for posting that! I went ahead and ordered it. Also, yes the VIN from the last owner of the unit is on there. I don't know if this will mess me up in the long term or not but for now this was an awesome switch and well worth the $400 I spent.

pdt66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Can someone please confirm that after installing (w/Nav) that your reverse aid is still intact (the reference lines that show up in the view from the backup camera). I installed this just prior to getting rear ended, and noticed today when I got the car back that the reverse aid is not there. I don't know if it was from this update, or something that got screwed up in the collision repair. Thanks!

Still looking for someone to confirm that after they updated their system (w/Nav), that their reverse aid is still intact (the reference lines that show up in the view from the backup camera). Mine went away, and I am assuming it is because of the software upgrade. I have made sure they were on in the settings (cycled it on, off, and did a Master Reset, and checked it again), but no joy. Just looking for one person to confirm that they successfully upgraded and did or didn't experience this same problem.

JSCOTT0812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Still looking for someone to confirm that after they updated their system (w/Nav), that their reverse aid is still intact (the reference lines that show up in the view from the backup camera). Mine went away, and I am assuming it is because of the software upgrade. I have made sure they were on in the settings (cycled it on, off, and did a Master Reset, and checked it again), but no joy. Just looking for one person to confirm that they successfully upgraded and did or didn't experience this same problem.
After reading this I noticed today that my reference lines are also gone. :/ I didn't really use them anyways but it was still nice to have...

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush

Are you referring to the lines when you turn the wheel or the lines that are fixed? I assume both.... I still have both of mine, I think. Will check later when I leave work.
16 Prem. GT 400A with Nav

Sponsored

pdt66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you referring to the lines when you turn the wheel or the lines that are fixed? I assume both.... I still have both of mine, I think. Will check later when I leave work.
16 Prem. GT 400A with Nav
Both actually...all I get now is the a car in the upper right corner of the scree, but no reference lines at all.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
my reference lines are still there, mine is a nav car........

pdt66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my reference lines are still there, mine is a nav car........
That is interesting....I have just re-installed the software from the Ford link....It didn't fix the problem, but I need to drive it for a bit before I see if they come back or not.

JSCOTT0812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Both actually...all I get now is the a car in the upper right corner of the scree, but no reference lines at all.
I only lost the ones that turn while you turn. I thought that was what you were talking about. Sorry.
Sponsored