Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang convertible, X3, Focus
Hi All,

I wonder if you would find this useful. I'm tracking the number of cars arriving for my own information, just to see where I am in the queue, so I thought I'd share the information.

I'll try to keep updating this (any help with boat details and car numbers would be appreciated), at least until my boat comes in! I ordered at the end of June 2015, supposedly there were about 2,000 confirmed orders at that time. My last dealer update suggested I might get the vert in June or July.

David

Update: 07 Dec 2015

It's hard to track the number of cars accurately, but I'm finding new tricks to try and be accurate.

I'm not tracking individual VINs, the Wallenius Wilhelmsen tracking website lets you enter a partial VIN, e.g. 1FAT for convertibles, 1FA6 for fastbacks.

Once a car is found that has been loaded on a boat, it will generate a bill of lading number. Entering this number in the search field will give the total number of Mustangs loaded on that boat. The number itself without a terminal letter indicates unloading in Melbourne, with A, B or C as the terminal letter then shows whether cars are being unloaded in Brisbane, Fremantle or Port Kembla. For example, try this bill of lading number: US1593430 for the Aniara, then put A, B or C at the end to get the different ports of discharge. Use this url: at http://tinyurl.com/jvex92q
Sponsored

Last edited:

4stanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang Fastback Race Red
Great work,
after a facebook communication to Ford Aus. on Friday, to the where abouts of my Mustang (deposit paid March 2015 like most, to get the so called 1st batch), I have found out through the etis with the VIN Ford Aus. supplied, that mine is already built on 07/10/15!

I am sure my last communication with my dealer (which was early October when my Mustang was being built) was to check back later in the month, as they (the dealer) get news updates/bulletins from Ford in the last week of every month.

Lesson learnt and advise to others, Dealers are only interested in you until they get the dollars off you, after that they are only interested in getting dollars from some one else.

If you want info for your deposit paid Mustang, contact Ford Australia (via phone, email or facebook).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Davo

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Hi ozracer,

Just getting info from lots of people who have posted links in these forums, thanks to all. Using especially the Wallenius Wilhelmsen shipping tracking website, the info from paulb351 about Ford's VIN numbers, and of course those lucky ones having their cars loaded.

If you have your VIN and enter it on the ship WW shipping webpage in cargoid, it gives you the number of vehicles to be loaded and then unloaded in Melbourne. Even if you enter a partial VIN, e.g 1FA6 OR 1FAT (according to paul this means 1FA = Ford, 6 = coupe, T = convertible) it will bring up a list of all Fords being shipped. Click through a few of the links generated, you'll find one sooner or later that has Melbourne as the unloading option, and it will total ALL cars going to Melbourne, coupes and convertibles included.

David

4stanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang Fastback Race Red
Hi ozracer,

Just getting info from lots of people who have posted links in these forums, thanks to all. Using especially the Wallenius Wilhelmsen shipping tracking website, the info from paulb351 about Ford's VIN numbers, and of course those lucky ones having their cars loaded.

If you have your VIN and enter it on the ship WW shipping webpage in cargoid, it gives you the number of vehicles to be loaded and then unloaded in Melbourne. Even if you enter a partial VIN, e.g 1FA6 OR 1FAT (according to paul this means 1FA = Ford, 6 = coupe, T = convertible) it will bring up a list of all Fords being shipped. Click through a few of the links generated, you'll find one sooner or later that has Melbourne as the unloading option, and it will total ALL cars going to Melbourne, coupes and convertibles included.

David
Hey thanks, according to your info and the VIN Ford Australia provided me, mine is supposed to be on the FIDELIO, getting loaded today :shrug:

Sponsored

gz_1993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2.3L (its coming, hopefully..)
Hi All,

I wonder if you would find this useful. I'm tracking the number of cars arriving for my own information, just to see where I am in the queue, so I thought I'd share the information.

I'll try to keep updating this (any help with boat details and car numbers would be appreciated), at least until my boat comes in! I ordered at the end of June 2015, supposedly there were about 2,000 confirmed orders at that time. My last dealer update suggested I might get the vert in June or July.

David

View attachment 47814
hey, I was just wondering where do you get the number of cars on each ship information from? I ordered mine in mid May 2015 and I want to see where I am on the queue as well.

Thanks man.

OP
OP
Davo

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Hi,

I'm just tracking the cars that are being shipped - they are on the docks and are about to be, or already loaded, on the boats. I don't have my own VIN yet, so this is just a general check.

This website lets you put a partial VIN in the cargoid field: http://tinyurl.com/nmrmzmj
If you put in a Ford partial VIN (see above) it'll give you a list of Ford cars going to all sorts of destinations. Click a few links, you'll find one that will be unloading in Melbourne, it also gives the total number of Ford cars (well, it just Mustangs, innit!) that will be unloaded in Melbourne.

Hope that helps!

David

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I would suggest that the orders placed after the pre order cut-off of March 2015 wouldn't be likely to go into build until at least February to March next year, so they'll be some time off yet.

OP
OP
Davo

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Update.

Thanks to quick duck who found a few cars being shipped BEFORE the Parsifal! They are nearly here. Lucky owners or dealer display units?

David

Mustang Migration to Oz.png

OP
OP
Davo

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Aniara has more cars at the port to be loaded. The total has increased, and cars are to be unloaded at other ports as well: 52 at Brisbane, 54 at Port Kembla, 84 at Melbourne.
Mustang Migration to Oz.png

Sponsored

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Titania is here!

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Update as of 16 Dec 2015
Added in Freo now as a stop. The numbers on the boats vary a little - this is as accurate as I can make it. So far, though, almost 500 stangs should be in Australia before the end of 2015.
Hi Davo.
An update for you. 23 Mustangs on board PARSIFAL due into Fremantle Dec 7 :D
TIRRANNA and TITANIA are all press cars I am told by Ford AU.

OP
OP
Davo

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Thanks gs60wa, I'll try to update the spreadsheet tonight, after work.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Currently starting at the Titania, just realised where I sit at work I can see the ship from here. Just going to make my wait even longer haha

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT