S550 Mustang How to Jack and Jack Stands

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Not lowered. Just not sure if the best bet is to drive front on ramps then put rears on jackstands
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm a cuddly 310 and can fit underneath. I thought about bench pressing it, and holding with one hand to do the work, but used the ramps instead.
I liked your YouTube video:

[ame]

clean92lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Not lowered. Just not sure if the best bet is to drive front on ramps then put rears on jackstands

Just a general FYI for anyone that reads these comments about driving up on ramps and jacking the rear, doing that is very dangerous. With the front wheels up on ramps and no brakes being applied, when you start to jack up the rear the car can roll backward off the ramp. Ask me how I know...never again will I be lazy when getting all four corners up in the air.

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
Just a general FYI for anyone that reads these comments about driving up on ramps and jacking the rear, doing that is very dangerous. With the front wheels up on ramps and no brakes being applied, when you start to jack up the rear the car can roll backward off the ramp. Ask me how I know...never again will I be lazy when getting all four corners up in the air.
My ramps have spring loaded wheel chocks that come up to prevent the wheels from rolling off. (Harbor Freight Tools). Be advised, though, the ramps are not very high!

<TED>

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Question, do the jack stands go on the pinch weld? Looks like the car jack locations but didn't know if that would be an issue or if you would need something between the stand and the frame.

Sponsored

socalx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've had no issues using the pinch welds on this car. They are really strong.

6g4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium, Black
With the jacking rails, one note, if you have a regular jack, you may need to drive up on planks to get clearance under the rail. After installing the rail, my jack doesnt fit under the car anymore .-. shoulda gotten the low-profile!

With the rails, can you jack up the car at any point along the rail? or only the center? And ive always wondered how youre supposed to jack the car up at the jacking point as shown by the notches in the car at the pinch welds (not the jacking points in the OP diagram) but also put the stand at those points as well.

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
If you don't have jacking rails, how/where are you using the floor jack to lift the car so that the jack stands fit at the appropriate pinch weld locations?

OP
OP

Drakoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just let the car down on the jack stands on the pintch welds where they are makred on the side skirt. I jack my car up all the time with no pad or wood to change wheels for autocross. I have done it problably once a month for 2 years metal to metal and its fine. The pintch welds are really strong, you dont need jack rails.
Sponsored