Strut Tower Brace install on non-PP

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
any noticeable change in the way it drives?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
any noticeable change in the way it drives?
Absolutely. Front end feel and response is noticeably improved. Composure over single-wheel bumps is better too. It feels solid. You're letting the springs and dampers do more of the work and taking away the spring rate of the body structure by stiffening it.

The first time I turned into a corner hard I was impressed with how much better the front-end grip felt. Best bang for buck performance mod I've done besides the clutch spring delete (free lol).

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have an Ecoboost PP which comes with the K brace, I just picked up the strut tower brace last weekend and installed it immediately.

I always thought the car was very well composed over rough pavement. Now with the extra brace it seems like there is less shake in the body structure over the same sections of bad road, it may be all in my mind though. As far as any change in the way the car handles in transitional maneuvers I can't tell a difference.

I got it cheap enough that even if it only is adding bling under the hood I am satisfied.

Dave

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Does that brown plastic piece just lift up or does it need to twist off, I can't get it to budge?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Are you talking about the harness support pressed over one of the strut bar studs? If so, it will pry off, use a screw driver to get it started. It has fingers that are folded back when pressed on, you need a fair amount of force to get those folded back the other way to come off.

Sponsored

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Are you talking about the harness support pressed over one of the strut bar studs? If so, it will pry off, use a screw driver to get it started. It has fingers that are folded back when pressed on, you need a fair amount of force to get those folded back the other way to come off.
Yes, thanks.
It was taking so much force that I thought maybe some how I needed to unbuckle the loop part then unscrew. Sounds like it's just a lot of force to pry it up.

TXAG01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT A6
For those of us that do not already have the k brace and are just installing the strut tower brace, does anyone know what size/type or where I can get the two bolts we will need for the driver side?

Ghost.5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL1
Thank you so much for posting this. I had the chance to install mines yesterday, opened the box and nothing!! Hopefully the hardware store will have some, versus ordering them and having them shipped to Germany.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Hey guys quick question for anyone when you get a chance... for the non PP GT there is a little plastic cowl extension on the passenger side. I'm assuming we remove and discard that when adding the k-brace and strut bar? The directions say to remove but does not say specifically to discard; just wanted to make sure.

Sponsored

Ghost.5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL1
Remove and discard.

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've seen some videos where there is a metal brace of some kind under the cowl, on the drivers side, I am not sure if i have one or not, but if i do, does that get removed to install the K brace? 2016 GT Non-pp car.
Sponsored