Sponsored

DD RGBWA DRL boards

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Hi Guys,

As I have an European Mustang (I Live in France), I'm in the same boat as garage34.

In the Headlights we don't have the DRL Boards and we can only see a reflection of the Xenon in the headlight ! It gives the impression that they are on !

Can anyone provide some pictures of :
- the opening of the Headlights ?
- pictures of the connectors ?

That would be great for all of us who had an European Mustang :thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
pinero61

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Hi Guys,

As I have an European Mustang (I Live in France), I'm in the same boat as garage34.

In the Headlights we don't have the DRL Boards and we can only see a reflection of the Xenon in the headlight ! It gives the impression that they are on !

Can anyone provide some pictures of :

- the opening of the Headlights ?

- pictures of the connectors ?

That would be great for all of us who had an European Mustang :thumbsup:

Check on YouTube, DD has some very good instructional videos.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found out all the great videos of DiodeDynamics. But it only shows the last steps with the mounting into the Headlights.

I'd like to see how we can open the lights, is it easy ? Are they glued ? Do we only have to remove the screws and then it opens ? ...

All this steps are a bit confused for all of us.

And the last thing is to know if the Wiring is present into the EU Mustang, and for this if someone can provide picture of the wiring/connector into the US Mustang we can then simply compared and see if the LED tri-bar could work with our cars ... :hail:

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I found out all the great videos of DiodeDynamics. But it only shows the last steps with the mounting into the Headlights.

I'd like to see how we can open the lights, is it easy ? Are they glued ? Do we only have to remove the screws and then it opens ? ...

All this steps are a bit confused for all of us.

And the last thing is to know if the Wiring is present into the EU Mustang, and for this if someone can provide picture of the wiring/connector into the US Mustang we can then simply compared and see if the LED tri-bar could work with our cars ... :hail:
The housings are sealed with permaseal, so you will need to bake the housings in an oven in order to open them. We highly recommend professional installation for this product.

We have a vast network of professional installers, if you have any questions or need help locating one, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033 or send us an email: [email protected]

Thanks!
Nick C.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
my installer had to cut my lights open as after baking, they would not separate...curious how you opened them just by baking as they would not pull apart like some previous lights I have done as well.

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
my installer had to cut my lights open as after baking, they would not separate...curious how you opened them just by baking as they would not pull apart like some previous lights I have done as well.
They definitely don't need to be cut open, if you bake permaseal at the correct temperature for a short amount of time, they can be opened up without cutting.

The Lighting Firm has done plenty of 2015 Mustangs, and Retroshop opens up 2015 Mustang housings with relative ease

Permaseal is definitely not as easy as butyl-sealed housings, but they don't need to be cut open, and that's a last resort.

Nick C.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They definitely don't need to be cut open, if you bake permaseal at the correct temperature for a short amount of time, they can be opened up without cutting.

The Lighting Firm has done plenty of 2015 Mustangs, and Retroshop opens up 2015 Mustang housings with relative ease

Permaseal is definitely not as easy as butyl-sealed housings, but they don't need to be cut open, and that's a last resort.

Nick C.
Thanks for your informations about the opening of the Headlights.

I think I'll try first to see if the wiring/connectors are present in the EU Mustang before to open/bake/cut the Headlights.

As you are the provider of the DRL Boards, can you post a picture of the connector for the power supply from the system so I can check if it's present on the car ?

And what's the correct temperature to bake the Permaseal ? And how long it takes to bake to be open without cutting ?

OP
OP
pinero61

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
200 degrees (F) for ten minutes, pull, repeat. Continue until complete. Usually takes me three heat cycles on new lights. .

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Thanks for your informations about the opening of the Headlights.

I think I'll try first to see if the wiring/connectors are present in the EU Mustang before to open/bake/cut the Headlights.

As you are the provider of the DRL Boards, can you post a picture of the connector for the power supply from the system so I can check if it's present on the car ?

And what's the correct temperature to bake the Permaseal ? And how long it takes to bake to be open without cutting ?
I suggest sending an email to: [email protected] so we can provide you with more information

You might also check out PureTek in the UK (I don't know how far they are from you), but they are talented installers

Nick C.

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
Need help looking for a professional shop in Los Angeles for these

Sponsored
OP
OP
pinero61

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I don't know of any in Cali, tbh. Why not ship them to one of the bigger shops?

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost

SheStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Oxford White
Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing the RGBW DRLs and the RGB fog light conversion kit. Will I have to use a separate remote for each set up? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I know nothing about this stuff...

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing the RGBW DRLs and the RGB fog light conversion kit. Will I have to use a separate remote for each set up? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I know nothing about this stuff...
You can use the RGBW remote for both, but the RGB fog lights will turn off if you hit the "white" preset mode

Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

SheStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Oxford White
Great, thank you!!
Sponsored