Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
Initially I'm going to do the following to my Race Red GT 5.0 6 Speed Manual Fastback,

Catch Can/Oil Seperator - (Probalbly the JLT Brand)
Strut Tower Brace - (Either a geniune Ford or one of the many 'After Market' ones)
Radiator Coolant Tank - (Probably the JLT Brand Blow Moulded Black Plastic One).
Rear Brake Caliper Covers in red with the GT Logo - (To match the front Brembo Red Calipers - The rear Calipers are not painted).

All the above are available from CJ Pony Parts.
I just just received an order I placed at CJ Pony Parts and it arrived in 10 days.
The parcel had a tracking Number and I could track it.
Sponsored

Mudnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW MINI & Land Rover Defender
I am looking at the Steeda linear springs, sway bar kit. I drive a windy mountain road to commute to work, and want it to handle. Heard nothing but praise from this set up.

Wonder about shipping. I will be in the US in January, so might stop in and have a chat whilst in Florida.

Also want to remove the suitcase and replace with an H pipe. Plan on keeping the standard mufflers. The MGH short shifter looks appealing also!

Cheers,

Ken

Last edited:

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I am looking at the Steeda linear springs, sway bar kit. I drive a windy mountain road to commute to work, and want it to handle. Heard nothing but praise from this set up.

Wonder about shipping. I will be in the US in January, so might stop in and have a chat whilst in Florida.

Also want to remove the suitcase and replace with an H pipe. Plan on keeping the standard mufflers.

Cheers,

Ken

Hey feel free to pm me with any questions, happy to help! The springs and sways are an awesome starting point :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I already have a upr oil separator, rear panel with US style gt badge, fang style front lower grille, black rear gt badge, black side 5.0 badge, black grille pony badge. On its way is a oem strut tower brace.
Next up will be a Borla Atak catback, painted or carbon coil covers and engine cover. Anti rear axle hop kit and various frame stiffeners will be done, but I will wait until the car gets here and is driven to see how much is needed.
Window tint and permaguard for the paint will happen in it's first week as well. Lowered springs will also be fitted.
The body looks so good stock that bonnet scopps and spoilers look terrible on it, they wont be going anywhere near it.
Depending on how plasticky the interior looks in person, I may look out for any tastefull interior upgrades There are some nice armrest, shift boot and brake lever leather stuff elsewhere on this forum.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I must be one of the few here that don't like modding.

Much prefer to leave everything original. With the exception of tint and paint protection, the only thing that I am considering is the replacement GT panel for the rear (and would be keeping the original so I could sell it as 'stock' when the time comes - if it comes!)

Sponsored

XRFutura

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I'll be looking at some upgrades as well, planning on getting the following:

Ford racing touring catback with black tips
Steeda cai
JLT oil separator
Many bmr/steeda suspension components
Steeda rear wing
Leather on the transmission tunnel to hide the hard plastic
Redline bonnet struts
And a tune at some point

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
Barton short shifter is nxt on the list as well some sticky tires... I want a 15" rim out back and a 17" skinny for the front. Something I can take on the street for a day or 2 and have some fun from time to time, or track lol

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I'll be waiting until the car arrives but these are the mods I'm considering:

First up will be paint correction and Ceramic Pro paint treatment, followed by this list which I'll spread out over a few months:

1) Vossen VSF1 wheels
2) Either Borla ATAK or Corsa Extreme Cat back exhaust
3) Steeda Hood Struts
4) Strut tower brace
5) Steeda IRS Sub-frame alignment kit and bushing kit
6) Steeda Transmission Mount bushing kit
7) Eibach or Steeda springs
8) Diode Dynamics replacement LED lights

It's a bit of a wishlist at the moment - will firm up closer to delivery

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
This is my list of mods thus far, I plan on fixing the common complaints of the mustang first then I will look into some forced induction.

Engine
Moroso Oil to Air Seperator
Corsa Extreme catback exhaust

Suspension
BMR BK049 Poly Differential Bushing
BMR CB005 IRS Cradle lockout kit
BMR TCA045 Vertical Links
BMR TR005 Toe rods

Transmission
Barton Short Shifter
Steeda transmission bushing
Roush shift knob

Exterior
Tinting
Car cover
Reverse Led
Paint correction with opticoat/ceramic pro paint protection.

Mods I am considering but they aren't on the list yet or have been removed to the 'maybe' column
Diode Dynamics Interior LED kit
Roush Quarter window louver
Roush Side scoops

I was sold on the Roush products until I saw a review and they are merely plastic.

Last edited:

Sponsored

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Just purchased Roush Performance rocker winglets and trunk tool kit. Just a little customization. :headbang:

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I've got a few things already.

UPR Oil Separator
US GT Decklid Panel
Black 5.0 Badges

I'm going to be ordering a strut tower brace, but I'm waiting for confirmation whether ours will have the ACC style lower grille like the Europeans or not as I'll get one of the fang type as well if not.

When it gets delivered I'll be personally giving it a full paint decontamination and correction prior to applying a decent paint sealant. I'll also be having a protection film applied along with tint and some work to the tail lights.

After that I'm not sure, I know something will most likely catch my eye.

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
I already have a upr oil separator, rear panel with US style gt badge, fang style front lower grille, black rear gt badge, black side 5.0 badge, black grille pony badge. On its way is a oem strut tower brace.
Next up will be a Borla Atak catback, painted or carbon coil covers and engine cover. Anti rear axle hop kit and various frame stiffeners will be done, but I will wait until the car gets here and is driven to see how much is needed.
Window tint and permaguard for the paint will happen in it's first week as well. Lowered springs will also be fitted.
The body looks so good stock that bonnet scopps and spoilers look terrible on it, they wont be going anywhere near it.
Depending on how plasticky the interior looks in person, I may look out for any tastefull interior upgrades There are some nice armrest, shift boot and brake lever leather stuff elsewhere on this forum.
Hi Bobsp12, Could you please tell me who you bought your US style GT rear panel ,fang lower grille and OEM strut tower brace from, thanks.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I must be one of the few here that don't like modding.

Much prefer to leave everything original. With the exception of tint and paint protection, the only thing that I am considering is the replacement GT panel for the rear (and would be keeping the original so I could sell it as 'stock' when the time comes - if it comes!)
Nil -not even tint. Car cover only.

Not much for me either. I also seem to be one of the few in the UK that don't plan on washing the paint off the thing (I jest) ;)

Light tint on the windows and possibly black out whatever else I can but I don't need any more performance and it'll be plenty loud.

Holf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Euro-spec Ecoboost Convertible
I'm the same - maybe changing the back panel (will wait to see if I like the faux gas cap or not) res tint on the rear lights, and that's about it for me [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored