Sponsored

DIY Grille Delete?

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is the lower grill as easy to cut out as the top grill? Is it extruded like the upper I mean?
Sponsored

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does ford sell that lower grill for GT's pretty cheap and if so does anyone know the part number for that?

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
My post was not an attempt to "Pimp", more to educate. Running a completely open grill can be detrimental to your a/c condenser. I apologize if anyone else is put off by me posting in this tread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My '13 GT500 seems to be fine without a grill.

Sponsored

Trent W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Looks great Trent. Where did you get the grille material?
Any metal wholesaler. I got aluminum it's more expensive but it won't rust. If your going to paint it just get the steel expanded sheet metal and powder coat.... Way cheaper. I'm going for lightweight so I replaced the crash bars with aluminum while I had the bumpers off and got the grill in aluminum too. If you get the thin stuff it won't matter if it's steel or not it's going to be pretty light.

Trent W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Even Lowe's sells it BTW... In the hardware section

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Thanks, for the feedback. I have been looking for something at the larger hardware stores but, everything I seem to find has holes that "look" too small. Is this a flat sheet or does it have some depth (like the extruded steel)? A close up picture would be great!

Sponsored

Trent W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Thanks, for the feedback. I have been looking for something at the larger hardware stores but, everything I seem to find has holes that "look" too small. Is this a flat sheet or does it have some depth (like the extruded steel)? A close up picture would be great!
Its a flat sheet of expanded sheet metal i got at a local metal wholesaler. I would definitely recommend the steel though Aluminum prices have gone sky high lately but i was doing this for weight reduction that thick plastic grill was pretty heavy. I just zipped tied it to the clips behind the grille. You can do it more permanent if you want but I havn't decided if im going to take it out and powder it black yet... cant decide

i_74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ismaeel
Vehicle(s)
white shark
will I wanted to do it but what about the rocks and birds:mad:

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Anyone disconnected their ambient air temp sensor from the crash bar and forgot about it?

My AUTO setting for climate control isn't working and I'm wondering if that's what did it.

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Anyone see any additional hood flutter/lifting after opening up their grill? A hood in the windshield at high speeds wouldn't be fun...
Sponsored