Sponsored

Video: Installing Dual-Color Front Turn & Sidemarker LEDs! BIG front-end upgrade!

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
blue1_600x115.gif

2015+ Ford Mustang S550 Switchback LED Kit

[ame]

With this kit, you can convert the front end of your 2015-2017 Ford Mustang S550 to an all-LED, cool white modern appearance. This kit fits all models, including Ecoboost, V6, GT, and GT350. *EU/AU spec not compatible

At Diode Dynamics, we carry a full line of LED bulbs, including these unique dual-color switchback LEDs! Our HP24 is a brand new design, and the brightest available on the market, designed by our engineering team in St. Louis, Missouri. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. Every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Your purchase includes two 7444-size turn signal bulbs & 194 bulbs, for perfect fitment in all models S550 Mustang.

This kit includes a pair of front turn signal bulbs which are "switchback," a unique, specialty design. When this bulb is on as normal, with your parking lights or headlights, it shines a nice, pure white color. Anytime you activate the turn signals, it flashes bright amber. Two colors in one bulb, for an awesome lighting effect!

You will also receive a pair of 194-size bulbs, to replace the factory sidemarker bulbs. These bulbs are specially designed to distribute light fully in your housing, for a uniform, full appearance, instead of the "dots" of light as you might see with generic LED bulbs.

The installation is 100% plug-and-play. You do not need to do any wiring- just replace your factory bulbs. Due to the circuit design of the 2015 Mustang, you do not need resistors to slow down blinking speed. Your indicator in the dash will blink at a different rate, but your exterior turn signals will always blink at the standard speed. (see video)

LED Components. Diode Dynamics uses only the highest quality LED chips in the production of its bulbs. This means we use only brand-name suppliers, and we tightly control color temperatures with our in-house testing equipment. One sign of low-grade LEDs is a very blue color tone, or mismatched bulbs. Our LEDs will always be uniform in color, with bright whites, rather than sharp blues.

Design. Although LED technology allows for extremely long bulb life, the market is flooded with cheap, generic LED bulbs that fail prematurely due to inferior design and construction. Even bulbs from reputable suppliers are simply standard designs from Asia. They may work, but they are not designed with automotive circuits and applications in mind, so they will always fail within a few years of use.

At Diode Dynamics, we specialize only in lighting, so we have invested in developing quality products. Our engineering team designs bulbs to withstand the harsh automotive environments, both electrically and physically. Our bulbs will distribute light more evenly than standard "tower" designs, and they will last much longer than simple LEDs, powered by basic, cheap circuitry. By using advanced, LED-specific integrated regulation circuits in our bulbs, they are designed to last for years to come.

Off-brand, cheap bulbs also exhibit poor construction quality, as they are often hand-assembled. Quality control is often lax, as the poor construction really won't be noticeable until a bulb fails after only a few months of use. However, common visible problems include poor solder uniformity, high levels of flux in the solder, uneven chip placement, low-gauge terminal wires and terminal alignment, and bulbs held together with inferior adhesives. At best, solder joints will crack and fail on low-quality LEDs after a few weeks of use. In the worst case, these bulbs can damage housings as the extra flux and adhesive evaporates and creates a residue on the lens of the housing. Diode Dynamics bulbs will not exhibit these problems, as they are assembled with much more rigorous standards of quality control, with modern, computerized equipment, and only the best materials, to ensure the highest levels of quality and performance possible.

All Diode Dynamics products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited replacement warranty.

Questions? Feel free to ask here, PM, email [email protected] or call us: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thank you!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

2015 Mustang Switchback Update (Feb. 2015):

[ame]

Sponsored

Last edited:

Butter77

Ha....You said Member...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
You guys keep knocking it out of the park with everything your coming up with! Expect an order from me in the near future.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Guess I'll be adding another item to my list of things to buy when my car shows up.

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost
How long until we can replace the fog light with an amber LED?

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Cool stuff once again. Another set I will be ordering soon. :)

PS Sent you a PM for the Free Shipping Code if you are still offering it. Thanks.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
How long until we can replace the fog light with an amber LED?
You can now. ;) You just need an H11 LED fog light.

ACR2011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I really hope this is legal in California :)

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang (Oxford White, PP)
Do you have any pics of the car at night time? Trying to see how much the temps vary from one bulb to another on the front end.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Usually DD is really good about posting color temps, but for some reason not on these. I ordered all my leds and replacement hids in 5000k.

@ACR2011 - perfectly fine in Cali. ;)

Sponsored

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium, Black Betty
....Just do us all a favor and come out with one kit that will convert everythign to LED, for the 2015 Mustang.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
H11 defines the plug style so theoretically any should work. Since this is a vendor thread, I'll defer to what Nick recommends on their site. I've worked with him before for my Optima and he won't steer you wrong.

If you aren't in a rush, I'll have all of my lights updated/installed by the time we meet in Lakeland if you want to wait and see them in person.

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost
H11 defines the plug style so theoretically any should work. Since this is a vendor thread, I'll defer to what Nick recommends on their site. I've worked with him before for my Optima and he won't steer you wrong.

If you aren't in a rush, I'll have all of my lights updated/installed by the time we meet in Lakeland if you want to wait and see them in person.
I can definitely wait till the 7th. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

ACR2011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Usually DD is really good about posting color temps, but for some reason not on these. I ordered all my leds and replacement hids in 5000k.

@ACR2011 - perfectly fine in Cali. ;)
Sweet!! [emoji2]
Sponsored