OP
OP

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
Received the mp decklid today, such a shame the camera hole is too big, the rest of it was quality. I contacted American Muscle to return it. Its almost like they didnt bother to measure the camera hole when they made it or someone wrote down the wrong measurement. The video is misleading.
Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Received the mp decklid today, such a shame the camera hole is too big, the rest of it was quality. I contacted American Muscle to return it. Its almost like they didnt bother to measure the camera hole when they made it or someone wrote down the wrong measurement. The video is misleading.
Boo. Wonder why american muscle sells parts like this. You'd think they'd test fit. It's like the mmd diffuser all over again.

OP
OP

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
Well they made an install vid and either they knowingly deceived people which is dumb because now it's costing them money as they have to process multiple refunds and pay return shipping or they did the install with the one good decklid lol. I bet they knew of the fitment issue and that's why they didn't do a close up of them putting on the camera. Still deceiving, not to mention when they put up the video a review also go put up giving the product 5 star and saying how good it is.

OP
OP

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
But the girl I talked to on the phone was very nice and understanding and apologized multiple times for the inconvenience and the disappointment of having a part with fitment issues and immediately sent me the return label, so I give their customer service 5/5.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I ordered the MP one without really knowing it was a cover not the actual decklid. Guess I should have read more into the description. I just thought awesome gloss black blank decklid for $100. Did notice it feels super flimsy and cheap. Mine also had lots of impefections in the clear coat. Pitting and hairs embedded definitely not acceptable. I called today asking for a replacement and they said no problem but now I think I'm just going to return and go MMD.
Sponsored