Sponsored

Best grill pony emblem?

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I ordered a FORD black running horse for my grill, and I couldn't get the locking tabs in place. Even broke 2 clips off when trying, so I decided to say screw it and I threw the emblem away. Now I'm left without one.

I don't really want to use another emblem that relies on those tabs, because they're pretty shitty. So is there a good alternative with tape that fits well?

I was considering the UPR one, since it uses 3M tape to adhere, but I can't find any information on it.

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Looking to change my emblems as well, so tagging for information.

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
I have/had the gloss black from CJ and am going to remove it because the double sided tape doesn't work as well and the OEM emblem seems like it has a slight bend to it, keeping it snug to the grille. The tail on the CJ emblem is actually coming away from the grill and you can see the white double sided tape they used. I'm going back to OEM chrome and using the fasteners they sell to get that sucker fitted. They recommend using a long socket to get the fasteners on the pegs nice and tight. If you want double sided tape I wouldn't recommend the one from CJ. The UPR one they claim doesn't have any issues so good luck. Question though did you remove the entire bumper to get it on or just remove the radiator cover?

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Doesn't Ford sell a black emblem? Too expensive?

OP
OP

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I have/had the gloss black from CJ and am going to remove it because the double sided tape doesn't work as well and the OEM emblem seems like it has a slight bend to it, keeping it snug to the grille. The tail on the CJ emblem is actually coming away from the grill and you can see the white double sided tape they used. I'm going back to OEM chrome and using the fasteners they sell to get that sucker fitted. They recommend using a long socket to get the fasteners on the pegs nice and tight. If you want double sided tape I wouldn't recommend the one from CJ. The UPR one they claim doesn't have any issues so good luck. Question though did you remove the entire bumper to get it on or just remove the radiator cover?
I removed the radiator cover. It was a really tight fit.

The problem is the fasteners will NOT go on the pegs... I used a 6mm socket to push them on, and they wouldn't budge at all. Pushed too hard, and it broke an entire tab off. I couldn't get the remaining three to move, either - this left a very loose emblem. So I just took it off :\

I've also seen the issues mentioned with the tail on the CJPP version, but I assumed the CJPP version was the same as UPR's? The description is almost the same and everything. Hmm. I ordered the UPR one and paid $30 for 2 day shipping so I wouldn't have a blank grill in the meantime lol.

Ideally I'd like to replace the grill completely, I just hate pulling bumpers off cars.

Doesn't Ford sell a black emblem? Too expensive?
They do, that's the one I am referring to in the original post. Good luck getting the tabs on.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
+1 on the originator

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink

Sponsored

Wolfpack25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The pony came from mad mic he has a Facebook page, he painted the pony to match my 5.0 emblems
IMG_3267.jpg

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
I have the UPR one. It has the same issue. tail basicly just hangs off and wont stick. It sucks.
Sponsored