Sponsored

Touch-up paint pics?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I've found 2-3 small rock chips in my paint. Two up front and then one on the rear bumper cover (that one confused me!).

They look like little elongated bug smears but they aren't.

At the same time I do have a tube of the OEM touch up paint and clear coat. However, before using it on something so tiny I'm wondering if anyone can share pics of what their touch-ups look like? Just curious to see if I should let them go or use the paint.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
If the rock chips are on plastic (front/rear bumper, mirror covers, side skirts) then you don't really need to use the touch up paint. If it's on metal then yea, you should use it to prevent corrosion. Either way, just use it.

My cars Magnetic as well and I've touched up about 5-6 rock chips. Can't even tell it's been touched up unless you have your face up to it and know where to look.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I have used Dr. Colorchip. Excellent product and blends very well. Don't use OEM touch up. This product is better. http://www.drcolorchip.com/

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
^^ This. I've always had trouble with touch up paint just globbing and looking worse than the chip. Dr Colorchip goes on thin and you can layer it and blend it. Watch the videos, good instructions.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
^^ This. I've always had trouble with touch up paint just globbing and looking worse than the chip. Dr Colorchip goes on thin and you can layer it and blend it. Watch the videos, good instructions.
And it's pretty much idiot proof. I have blended numerous rock chips to the point you can't tell they were there.

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Anyone have any before and after pics? (or at least After pics)These results sound a lot better than what I've seen in the past.

Thanks!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I know pics would be best, I don't have any as I haven't done any touch up on this car yet. That's why i recommended the videos. If you don't want to trust the videos on their web page, go to You Tube and find where people have done it is the best I can think of. Plus you get to see their process which I think is the most helpful.
Sponsored