Vehicle(s)
'17 GTpp, '98 328is, '90 240sx, '99 SL500

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mine on 5/5, both the hinge and striker covers showed up today. As others have mentioned the striker cover is a tight fit, but eventually snaps on. Thanks again to OP's who suggested them!

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Ordered mine on 5/5, both the hinge and striker covers showed up today. As others have mentioned the striker cover is a tight fit, but eventually snaps on. Thanks again to OP's who suggested them!
Got my striker covers but the outside of my strikers don't angle in like the inside of the strikers do. So the little tab on the outside of the cover is not wanting to snap into place.

I think I'm gonna grind off the tab on the outside of the covers so the covers will sit flush and just put them on with a little epoxy or a dab or two of liquid nails.

Am I doing something wrong in trying to get these little do dads to snap into place?

Anyone else have this problem? If so, what'd you do?

Also just ordered the $5.89 hinge covers off of Ebay.

I didn't even know I had ugly striker and hinge problems until this thread was started. :cheers:

OP
OP
jeffdeq

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible White Platinum
Got my striker covers but the outside of my strikers don't angle in like the inside of the strikers do. So the little tab on the outside of the cover is not wanting to snap into place.

I think I'm gonna grind off the tab on the outside of the covers so the covers will sit flush and just put them on with a little epoxy or a dab or two of liquid nails.

Am I doing something wrong in trying to get these little do dads to snap into place?

Anyone else have this problem? If so, what'd you do?

Also just ordered the $5.89 hinge covers off of Ebay.

I didn't even know I had ugly striker and hinge problems until this thread was started. :cheers:
I posted a couple times, I had the same problem with the tight fit. Solution: I hooked the outboard side first because it has the largest tab. Then I could snap in the inboard side next. Then the top and bottom snaps in very easy. To take it off you have to pry up on the inboard side first.

Outboard means furthest from the interior of the car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jeffdeq

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I want to take a second to thank all you guys and gals for the enjoyment I got from this thread that I started. BeauxXL1200 said it best ..."didn't know he had ugly striker plates and hinges".

That is exactly what I thought after I had my GT convertible for several weeks. I figured that Ford could do a little better job of trimming out a mustang that listed more than $50K. So after getting the covers off of eBay, I posted pics on the S550 Facebook page. Several were interested but one guy was a real jerk in his criticisms. I was almost reluctant to post it here in this forum but you guys have been great in your responses over the past 5 pages.

I'm going to keep looking for little trim items like this. Especially ones being this inexpensive. Thanks again guys and gals.

Jeff

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
No, thank you. It's the small details that make a big difference :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I want to take a second to thank all you guys and gals for the enjoyment I got from this thread that I started. BeauxXL1200 said it best ..."didn't know he had ugly striker plates and hinges".

That is exactly what I thought after I had my GT convertible for several weeks. I figured that Ford could do a little better job of trimming out a mustang that listed more than $50K. So after getting the covers off of eBay, I posted pics on the S550 Facebook page. Several were interested but one guy was a real jerk in his criticisms. I was almost reluctant to post it here in this forum but you guys have been great in your responses over the past 5 pages.

I'm going to keep looking for little trim items like this. Especially ones being this inexpensive. Thanks again guys and gals.

Jeff
I had this same issue 3 years ago when I posted this on the Focus ST forum.
Most were appreciative, but you always get a few holes of the anus that feel compelled to , well, be an anus. By the way, the covers are the same for focus, fiesta, mustang, and fusion. Thanks to social media, the angry SOB now had a forum........
Keep any little tidbits coming.
Fwiw, Ali Express is a font of cheap ass parts.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
I posted a couple times, I had the same problem with the tight fit. Solution: I hooked the outboard side first because it has the largest tab. Then I could snap in the inboard side next. Then the top and bottom snaps in very easy. To take it off you have to pry up on the inboard side first.

Outboard means furthest from the interior of the car.
Jeff -

I fiddled with them again today and got them to snap on.

I'm giving the extra set to a buddy at work who has a '15 Mustang GT.

Also, BR is my home town. Family is still there. Well, in Livingston Parish now. But close enough.

Thanks for telling us about these little pieces. :cheers:

OP
OP
jeffdeq

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I am located northwest of Central. I live on the Comite River. I bought my 2017 GT convertible after I lost a '73 and '72 convertble in the flood last August. I always enjoyed finding little trim parts for customizing/modifying interiors and exteriors. I will keep on the lookout for more items like this.

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
I am located northwest of Central. I live on the Comite River. I bought my 2017 GT convertible after I lost a '73 and '72 convertble in the flood last August. I always enjoyed finding little trim parts for customizing/modifying interiors and exteriors. I will keep on the lookout for more items like this.
I know exactly where you are. I grew up in a little subdivision off of Hooper Road.

Went to LSU undergrad and then graduate school and wound up in Austin 20 odd years ago. Geaux Tigers! :cheers:

GMB Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT, 16 Escape, 21 F250 (all Ruby Red)
Vehicle Showcase
put mine in hot water for about 5 mins they went on easy

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
put mine in hot water for about 5 mins they went on easy
Smart. :thumbsup:

If mine hadn't finally gone on, I was thinking of using the ole hair dryer to warm em up. :cheers: