Sponsored

Ikon RTR style rear diffuser

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I would personally go with the RTR diffuser based on all of the reviews stating it has OEM-like fitment.

$200 is a great price, but I don't know if I'd be willing to guinea pig it... might have to wait to see if anybody else pulls the trigger. With these Chinese parts, I've always seen fitment issues from other people (gaps, etc).

djoxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT Premium PP
Pulled the trigger on this. Surprisingly nice quality and the additional tip pieces look good on the PP. Beware, there are no instructions or hardware. I used the RTR instructions for the install. The diffuser snapped right in once the old one was removed. Also, I used some 3m tape and a few pan-head screws for the tips.

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
Pulled the trigger on this. Surprisingly nice quality and the additional tip pieces look good on the PP. Beware, there are no instructions or hardware. I used the RTR instructions for the install. The diffuser snapped right in once the old one was removed. Also, I used some 3m tape and a few pan-head screws for the tips.
pics??

Sponsored

djoxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a quick shot of the rear. I can take a few from other angles if anyone wants them. I was very impressed with the quality, especially being a China/ebay part.

2mhwiz8.jpg

Last edited:

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Nice !!! It looks good .. I was,able to pick up thod side pieces and I recently had them hydro dipped

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Lord, was that taken with a Polaroid?

djoxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Original photo was darker so you couldn't really make out the diffuser. Increased the brightness on the photo to make it easier to see. Not trying to win a photo competition here, just showing it installed. I'll make sure to hire a photographer next time....

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
[MENTION=30390]djoxy[/MENTION]

Any gaps or alignment issues? Looks pretty good.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Original photo was darker so you couldn't really make out the diffuser. Increased the brightness on the photo to make it easier to see. Not trying to win a photo competition here, just showing it installed. I'll make sure to hire a photographer next time....
Just giving you a hard time. :cheers:

djoxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just giving you a hard time. :cheers:
Same here. :cheers: I really do need to get it out somewhere scenic and take some good pictures.... Just have to find the time. It'll make 2 years old in July and I just hit 3500 miles...

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
my question is that it says it fits all mustangs except gt350.soooo how would this attach to a base bumper?

djoxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=30390]djoxy[/MENTION]

Any gaps or alignment issues? Looks pretty good.
None at all. I was pleasantly surprised. It was packaged really well, fairly rigid construction and looked to be made out of similar materials as the other black trim parts on the car. The color is a little off from the other black bumper piece but its really not noticeable unless you get down there and take a really good look. Installation went smooth, cut off the old diffuser, swapped over the reverse light and this one snapped right in snug. All the holes lined up perfectly.

The little trim wings on the sides were a little tricky. I ended up using some automotive 3M two-sided tape to get them lined up the way I wanted and then used 4 short black pan-head screws on each side to secure it to the existing plastic trim. I didn't want to use the screws originally in case I wanted to remove it at some point but I didn't feel comfortable with just the tape since it is basically being hung. The top of the wings are cut out to fit around the factory plastic but I decided I rather have a flush edge behind the tire so I used that to line it up instead of the notches in the top.

Next time I get it out of the garage I'll take some better pics. I've already gotten several compliments on how much more aggressive it looks compared to the factory. I was just going to paint the factory diffuser black and add some bigger wings but decided to just go this route. I'm glad I did! I feel that the RTR piece should be priced similarly to this one. Its just molded plastic.. no need to cost $300+.

djoxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my question is that it says it fits all mustangs except gt350.soooo how would this attach to a base bumper?
Not sure I would trust the description, it is eBay/China after all. If the RTR won't fit the base bumper then this won't either.
Sponsored