Tyre Pressure Sensor Malfunction

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys, I've gotten new rims and the shop bought new sensors from Ford for me however every 30 mins or so I get the tyre pressure sensor malfunction come up. I can reset the system and then it displays the pressures however another 30 mins same error comes up.

Do you have to sync the sensors to the car some how? I note that all my pressures were reading 42psi and front right was 41, i checked the pressure at the servo and they were all 45 psi. I dropped it to 43, reset the car and then checked but the wheels were all saying the same 42 and one saying 41. almost like it's defaulted to that pressure somehow?

Any ideas guys?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks mate!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
:thumbsup:

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
I note that all my pressures were reading 42psi and front right was 41, i checked the pressure at the servo and they were all 45 psi. I dropped it to 43, reset the car and then checked but the wheels were all saying the same 42 and one saying 41. almost like it's defaulted to that pressure somehow?
42 psi - isn't that a bit high or was it after you had been driving it hard?

I have mine set at 36 psi when cold

Sponsored

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah ive done 38 cold now, it was what the tyre shop had set them at

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Got this sorted by swapping back to my original sensors. We checked and it seemed as though Ford had sent Ranger sensors as they had a square symbol on them where as the original sensors were a triangle. They looked the same apart from that and I think the model/serial number was sightly different too.

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
Got this sorted by swapping back to my original sensors. We checked and it seemed as though Ford had sent Ranger sensors as they had a square symbol on them where as the original sensors were a triangle. They looked the same apart from that and I think the model/serial number was sightly different too.

Hmmm, that's interesting.
The advice I was given is that there are two types of Ford sensors, which work on different frequencies. Apparently the ones in USA will not work on OZ Mustangs. However the Oz Ranger ones will.

Strange indeed as some have bought the US sensor, no worky, fitted the Ranger part and all good....

Wouldn't surprise me if its a case of some of our cars have been fitted with "A" version, others have "B" version :doh:

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hmmm, that's interesting.
The advice I was given is that there are two types of Ford sensors, which work on different frequencies. Apparently the ones in USA will not work on OZ Mustangs. However the Oz Ranger ones will.

Strange indeed as some have bought the US sensor, no worky, fitted the Ranger part and all good....

Wouldn't surprise me if its a case of some of our cars have been fitted with "A" version, others have "B" version :doh:
Yeah it's all kind of messed up, our frequency was 400 and something where as the states is like 315 ? We can only assume they were ranger sensors but either way they didnt sync with the car and even ford couldnt detect them with their machine

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
Yeah it's all kind of messed up, our frequency was 400 and something where as the states is like 315 ? We can only assume they were ranger sensors but either way they didnt sync with the car and even ford couldnt detect them with their machine
:doh::doh:Chalk up another one....

Sponsored

noddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback AT
looks like i've got the same issue. i put aftermarket 20" wheels on my car and bought these tpm sensors:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/TBANDS5/...lac_guid=c4dc8f71-7d7e-e611-80bf-14187766af90

the tyre shop installed them for me but i get the malfunction error 5 minutes after resetting the system.

so i bought this tool so i could sync the sensors myself:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-tire-pressure-monitor-sensor-valve-stem-style-2015-2017/p/TBANDP/

but it doesn't work. i put the car into learning mode per the instructions and then point the tool at the front left tyre and nothing happens. i've been going over everything to try and figure out what's going on and then i saw the note in the middle of the product description that says the sensors that i bought only work on LHD cars. could someone who has bought the sensors for the ranger and got them working successfully please post a link for exactly the product that you bought and where. thanks.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure the Aussie cars run a different frequency to the US cars.
I bought my new TPMS from [MENTION=22068]Josh_TypeX[/MENTION]
Had the malfunction warning, reset the sensors in the "driver assists" menu from memory.
Took a few goes for the car to see them properly but no issues since then.