armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Good mph for sure but you need to work on my favorite mod to work on...the driver mod! On street tires and drag radials, slip the clutch out rather than dumping it and after that you just need to learn to shift!!! I have an issue where I shift 2-5 on occasion but once you get the shifting under pressure sorted out you will be flying!!!!

Matt
Good start man, you'll get there w/ seat time. I agree w/ the poster above, if you are on street tires and can only launch at 3k'ish then you'll bog unless you give it some good old fashioned clutch abuse. The key is getting it rolling then using the clutch slip to get you smoothly up into powerband. If you can launch at 5k+ w/ stickies then yea, dumping it works.

Once I have the money aside for a clutch and flywheel, I'll definitely abuse it more. Slipping an organic clutch makes me nervous. Shifting isn't much of a concern for me. My only real issue is the 1-2 shift. 2-3 shift is pretty fast. I need to stop messing around and finish installing my WOT box.
Sponsored

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
I abuse the piss out of the stock clutch and figure Ill continue to do so till it finally gives up FORCING me to replace it! I slip it on the launch without hesitation and if it gets smelly I let it cool down and she comes back for more! I bought the car used and the tires were bald at 15k miles so Im not sure how good a life the clutch had before me but Ill be hunting down a decent clutch and will be ready to pull the trigger when this one starts to fail me.

Matt

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I abuse the piss out of the stock clutch and figure Ill continue to do so till it finally gives up FORCING me to replace it! I slip it on the launch without hesitation and if it gets smelly I let it cool down and she comes back for more! I bought the car used and the tires were bald at 15k miles so Im not sure how good a life the clutch had before me but Ill be hunting down a decent clutch and will be ready to pull the trigger when this one starts to fail me.

Matt
I'll do some more slipping on it I guess lol

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Still slippin on mine! Managed a 7.95 at 91.6mph Tues with a cruddy (but personal best) 1.93 60ft. slipping it quick off the line and feeding in the power. Have fun with it and if it goes, then you have a reason to step up on a better clutch! Im surprised at what these stockers are capable of handling tho!

Matt

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
There's a big difference between a quick slip and riding the clutch to destruction. It requires some practice to get right, but you basically want to slip it fast enough to ride the edge between traction and spin at the highest RPM possible. Too slow and you're losing ET by likely riding it too much, or not having a high enough launch RPM. Too fast and you spin. It's a balancing act.

These cars are easily capable of 1.9 60fts on stock Pirelli's. No water box, good solid burnout, leave at 3-4K w/ quick slip. I only made 4 passes on the car last year, same day, first 2 were 2.1x 2.0x and the next two were 1.9x. This was with mods in sig without the PMAS which just went in. That being said, I've done quite a bit of dragging in my days so lots of practice.

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
There's a big difference between a quick slip and riding the clutch to destruction. It requires some practice to get right, but you basically want to slip it fast enough to ride the edge between traction and spin at the highest RPM possible. Too slow and you're losing ET by likely riding it too much, or not having a high enough launch RPM. Too fast and you spin. It's a balancing act.

These cars are easily capable of 1.9 60fts on stock Pirelli's. No water box, good solid burnout, leave at 3-4K w/ quick slip. I only made 4 passes on the car last year, same day, first 2 were 2.1x 2.0x and the next two were 1.9x. This was with mods in sig without the PMAS which just went in. That being said, I've done quite a bit of dragging in my days so lots of practice.
I just gotta stop being scared haha.
Sponsored