2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
LOL eff that, I'm gonna have Ford do it lol
Next time you change oil, you can kill two birds. Mine needed tightening as well.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Has anyone experienced that part touching the exhaust or the floor pan, causing a rattling sound?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just did this adjustment and was super easy. My parking brake worked fine but I had to pull up almost all the way to engage it or get a good lock. Plus it looked very ugly sitting up so high.

Jack your car up and ALWYAS support the car with proper jack stands.

On the left side of your mid pipe (big resonator) there are 3 cables. The middle one has a 10mm nut on it.

You need a deep 10mm socket, extension and a swivel. Tighten the nut all the way but not too tight. Back it off 2 turns and go back in your car and test your brake. Adjust it till you like the way it sits.

The 10mm nut on mine was loose and I did not even use a ratchet. I Just turned it till it was nice and tight and backed off 2 turns.

2 clicks and my parking brake will engage nicely.

[MENTION=26233]Rebellion[/MENTION]

Sponsored

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Had my new Mustang all of 6 days, and this was already annoying the crap out of me. Great post man, thanks!

Oiten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP, 401a, Nav
To clarify, this should also help with the handbrake in the down position as well? Mine is lose when down. My leg barely touches it and will trip the sensor causing the lovely beeping.

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Maybe a dumb question but is it possible to over tighten this and cause a problem? I had a lot of play in the handle and would cause the dash light to come on and off over larger bumps. Mine was so loose that I was able to tighten it some by hand and then used some tools to turn it a few more times. The play in the handle is no longer there however it is much harder to pull the handle up engaging the brake. Just don't want anything to snap or be damaged.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
Finally adjusted mine today while I had the car up on jack stands. Used a small pair of vice grips on the square section of cable and 10 mm flex head ratchet wrench. I just adjusted mine until i had about 6 clicks on the parking brake handle. The plus if now the handle is not loose in the disengaged/down position.

brandonc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang EcoBoost
May be a dumb question but.... gunna be using jackstands. I drive a standard so before I put it on jackstands I leave it in gear and use the parking brake. Will I be able to engage the parking brake if I wanna tighten the nut??

Sponsored

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
May be a dumb question but.... gunna be using jackstands. I drive a standard so before I put it on jackstands I leave it in gear and use the parking brake. Will I be able to engage the parking brake if I wanna tighten the nut??
Once you get it up in the air you disengage the parking brake and tighten. Then test it to see if it works while still in the air.

I'd advise adding another nut once you are as this will continually get loose over time. I've had to do it every 10k miles or so.

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Once you get it up in the air you disengage the parking brake and tighten. Then test it to see if it works while still in the air.

I'd advise adding another nut once you are as this will continually get loose over time. I've had to do it every 10k miles or so.
I don't want to sound like a dick here, but have you tried loctite...

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I haven't. But in reality both would do the job. I feel like adding a second nut for 10 cents is easier the messing with loctite. But to each his own.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
FWIW It will need periodic adjustments even if the nut doesn't move due to cable stretching.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Throwing it out there... Am I the only one who has the exhaust completely blocking this adjuster?
Sponsored