Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

my2cents

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Looks like a 401A package on a base model with PP. Just a preproduction model or a new option?
Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Did the 2018 get a seat cooling fix? Or were to designers too busy with the dash and front end?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
They should bring those to cars & coffee tomorrow in Austin for even more photos!

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
Looks like the orange fury one might be the "new base trim"...

Black pedals, no chrome surround on speakers, cloth seats. BUT, touch screen and toggle switches. Did they do away with the center stack found in current base cars?

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I really don't like the gloss black grill that is flush with the bumper. That thing is gonna ding and show every single one over time where matte wouldn't. Plus I think it would look better like the 15-17 where it isn't flush with the bumper. I really like the Orange fury color though, and it would make sense for the base to get the touchscreen since the camaro has one.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Looks like a 401A package on a base model with PP. Just a preproduction model or a new option?
It would not be inconceivable for Ford to retire that ridiculous keypad. I don't think you can option down a screen that small on a Hyundai Elantra.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That's the PPPPP model (Premium Performance Package with PETA Package). PETA Package is basically just cow-less seats.

PeterPerfect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z3 2.8
S550 GT = common hood shake
GT350 = less hood shake

Brainwave, make the S550 hood like the GT350, ie a bit lowered by 3/4 inch.
Problem solved.

And, to my European eyes, it looks less like a cartoon character than it did.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Finally a look at the new analog gauges! Looks basically the same other than the higher redline. Very interesting to see a car with cloth seats and a screen. If they made Sync3 standard it would be a really smart move and be the largest standard screen out of the 3 muscle cars. Really hoping the official order guide comes soon.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Notice how the 'blackout' trim car does not have a gloss black grille like the rest (it's also the only EB). Also, the black pony doesn't work well on these, the grille is just too wide. Has to have something visible in it otherwise it looks like a massive gaping hole.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Finally a look at the new analog gauges! Looks basically the same other than the higher redline. Very interesting to see a car with cloth seats and a screen. If they made Sync3 standard it would be a really smart move and be the largest standard screen out of the 3 muscle cars. Really hoping the official order guide comes soon.
Yeah they seem to be the same, redline looks like 7400-7500. Pretty crazy coming from the factory.

boxstang40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 lx hatch
Im hoping theres a pp available much like the 15-17. I really dont want their dual mode exhaust(video sounded like a tin can) and I dont need mag ride. That will leave me more money to buy aftermarket exhaust, springs, etc.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
A little off topic.....but I wish this color was available on the '18 (perhaps '19 or '20?)....something between Ingot Silver and Magentic.

Sponsored