Sponsored

Low trap speed for current setup? Bad tune?

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP Ruby Red
Went to the track tonight and ran the following:

I realize my 60 ft is awful, but shouldn't I be trapping at around 115-117 with my current mods (See signature)? Should I be looking at something else besides a possible bad tune? I was consistently running 110-111 mph all night. Couldn't even break 13 sec e.t. I'm disgusted.
image.jpg
Sponsored

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
With 2.1 60s i would guess your driving is the main problem. What was the da?

OP
OP
RubyRed PP

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah crappy stock tires but that doesn't add up to low trap speeds.

It's was about 83 degrees
90% humidity
700ft altitude

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Really bad shifting will ad up to that trap speed. This time of year. The summer heat is also stripping a lot of power. I'd say with everything perfect. You'd only trap 114-115 with that weather..

iketh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
^^ what he said and if the tires aren't hooking with the shift into 2nd, there goes 1-2 mph

with catted headers and your track already starting at +700 DA, you're looking at 112-114 in summer

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubyRed PP

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really bad shifting will ad up to that trap speed. This time of year. The summer heat is also stripping a lot of power. I'd say with everything perfect. You'd only trap 114-115 with that weather..
My shifting was spot on, shifting at 6500 1st-2nd and 6800 2nd-3rd and 3rd-4th. I'm not new to drag racing. My only problem was launch because of 3:73s and stock tires. Had to baby it off the line. However, I was getting a little wheel spin in 1-2 shift. To me, even with bad weather conditions, still doesn't add up to a loss of 5-6 mph.

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
90% humidity sounds like a killer in itself. Get yourself drag radials or do what I'm doing and getting Mickey Thompson et street bias ply tires and bias skinnies up front, you'll see 1.6 or 1.7 60 ft no sweat easily and those times will drop a full second minimal , also I see in your Sig your running a Bama tune no criticism there but if your looking for the best quarter mile I'd be going with Lund or AED . Lunds strictly the best out there. Get one of his flex fuel tunes if you have e85 by you, looks like your on stock manifold so you won't even need injectors just the tune. E85 will help with the hot weather keeping the timing up and cooling the intake

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you need some slicks and a different tune. I run 115 mph with just slicks/skinnies and a PP2 set-up/tune, which is suppose to be pretty conservative. That was on a 85 deg day to. With your mods and a good tune you should be some where around 115-117 mph.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Looks similar to my slips when I go down a 1/4 mile - every metric "should be better but isn't". Nothing wrong with my car or my tune (although I haven't gone on a drag strip with my current tune yet, will be tonight). Fact is, I simply suck at launching this particular car (I come from a rev it and dump it Subaru and can't get that out of my "muscle memory") and on the off chance I get the slippage and the go-age right, I usually screw up a damn gear shift.

That said... Bama tune? Ug. The stories...

Call up VMP.

OP
OP
RubyRed PP

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks similar to my slips when I go down a 1/4 mile - every metric "should be better but isn't". Nothing wrong with my car or my tune (although I haven't gone on a drag strip with my current tune yet, will be tonight). Fact is, I simply suck at launching this particular car (I come from a rev it and dump it Subaru and can't get that out of my "muscle memory") and on the off chance I get the slippage and the go-age right, I usually screw up a damn gear shift.

That said... Bama tune? Ug. The stories...

Call up VMP.
Yeah, I'm really considering going with a Lund tune. I just don't want to do it yet because I still plan on going with a gt350 IM and e85. Don't want to pay Lund twice since they are not likely to update my tune whenever I get a new mod.

Sponsored

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Yeah, I'm really considering going with a Lund tune. I just don't want to do it yet because I still plan on going with a gt350 IM and e85. Don't want to pay Lund twice since they are not likely to update my tune whenever I get a new mod.
Got great news for you bud , you won't pay twice , once you pay for a tune especially a flex fuel which is technically a e 85 tune, you pay once, all bolt on revisions are free , manifold just ask for a revision, throttle body ask for revision, trust me you won't go wrong there. Can't stress the tune and tires are the most important for the best quarter mile times , factory p zeros are arguably garbage, p ZERO tractions they should be renamed, I switched to Michelin pilot super sports and that's a huge difference night and day. Get the tune , get some bias ply slicks or Mickey Thompson et street r since bias ply are soft on stock drivetrain components and report back to us!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Have you asked them? I think when I asked them they said they wouldn't charge me for a revision for the GT350 IM for 93 octane (not for E85... I didn't ask about that because I don't intend to use it). Worth just shooting an email over, saying you're not happy with Bama, you want to switch to Lund... yada yada yada.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
BAMA

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Have you asked them? I think when I asked them they said they wouldn't charge me for a revision for the GT350 IM for 93 octane (not for E85... I didn't ask about that because I don't intend to use it). Worth just shooting an email over, saying you're not happy with Bama, you want to switch to Lund... yada yada yada.
I've went from having a cold air intake with them and flex fuel ,then to gt350 manifold and stock tb, free of charge,then I said I want gt350 throttle body said to them I need a revision and I got a new tune for the throttle body in a day or two. Then I said you know what I want a PMAS cold air instead of my steeda and they sent it over in 2 days, free of charge. All bolt on are free of charge when you modify. Now if you go with new injectors or a blower or turbo, or nitrous that's a added fee but why wouldn't it be? Flex fuel is e85 tune so you'll pay extra for that but again one time fee.Trust me man you'll be happy