Overspray Removal

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This might not be very revolutionary but anyway - So I spent the day working on the Mustang after taking delivery yesterday. Once I was able to spend good time getting up close and personal with it I noticed a lot of little black spots on the paint, most of which were around just underneath and to the sides of the rear number plate. I am guessing it was from over zealous underspray?

Anyway, the spots came off using a clay bar and didn't take much effort to remove. So if you find little black marks you'll know how to fix it :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Every time I look at the rear of the car I seem to find more spots to remove, thank god for clay bars! This time it was on the rear diffuser.

And sorry I think the subject of this should be 'underspray removal' and not overspray.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Every time I look at the rear of the car I seem to find more spots to remove, thank god for clay bars! This time it was on the rear diffuser.

And sorry I think the subject of this should be 'underspray removal' and not overspray.
Yes it is that black rust proofing spray the Aussie spec cars get on the underside.

Mine was covered in them. All over hood, roof and boot. It took a large clay bar and an entire afternoon. Ford offered to do it for free but I didn't trust them, I had visions of an apprentice with an orbital sander and embedded swirls forever.

adubaha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kai
Vehicle(s)
Queueing for my GT
Yes it is that black rust proofing spray the Aussie spec cars get on the underside.

Mine was covered in them. All over hood, roof and boot. It took a large clay bar and an entire afternoon. Ford offered to do it for free but I didn't trust them, I had visions of an apprentice with an orbital sander and embedded swirls forever.

that's exactly how it's going to happen :ford:

OP
OP

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Whoa. I didn't find any at all on the top panels :shrug:

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT

Exact same thing happened to me. Ford said they would get a panel shop to do a cut and polish. Would much prefer to take the time and clay bar it myself.
Sponsored