COTUS wrong?

GT_Chris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Coupe Magnetic
So COTUS tells me my car is in transit and scheduled for delivery in two days. Today I go down to the dealership and ask them if they have ordered the spoiler they should have ordered weeks ago at my request to put on the car when it arrives. I tell the manager my delivery date has moved up to Monday according to COTUS and then he tells me their system shows my car is still at the plant after being built on 5/31. Kind of sucks to get your hopes up like that only to have them dashed. Anyways does anyone know which system is more accurate? I'm guessing the managers system is the correct one and COTUS is just wrong as I've heard a million times.
Sponsored

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Either way, do they have the parts you ordered?

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monaro CV8 '05 , Mustang GT 18 on order.
So COTUS tells me my car is in transit and scheduled for delivery in two days. Today I go down to the dealership and ask them if they have ordered the spoiler they should have ordered weeks ago at my request to put on the car when it arrives. I tell the manager my delivery date has moved up to Monday according to COTUS and then he tells me their system shows my car is still at the plant after being built on 5/31. Kind of sucks to get your hopes up like that only to have them dashed. Anyways does anyone know which system is more accurate? I'm guessing the managers system is the correct one and COTUS is just wrong as I've heard a million times.
Hi, Cotus is based purely on US delivery timeframes. Mine was built the day after yours and should be at Baltimore docks about now. Allowing 2 weeks to get on the boat, 1 month at sea, and 2 weeks customs and dealer pre-delivery I'll be lucky to have it in 8 weeks, even though Cotus says 8 days. (I'm in Australia)

Patience young Jedi! :)

OP
OP

GT_Chris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Coupe Magnetic
Hi, Cotus is based purely on US delivery timeframes. Mine was built the day after yours and should be at Baltimore docks about now. Allowing 2 weeks to get on the boat, 1 month at sea, and 2 weeks customs and dealer pre-delivery I'll be lucky to have it in 8 weeks, even though Cotus says 8 days. (I'm in Australia)

Patience young Jedi! :)
COTUS now says my car was delivered yet I called the dealer and this is in fact wrong. :frusty:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Trailer or Rail Delivery

Ask your dealer if its coming by trailer or rail. If rail then follow the instructions below. COTUS is not entirely accurate - its more of an estimated system of production / delivery dates. My delivery date was first 7/5 then changed to 6/28 now its 6/30. Now changed to 7/10. Heck I this rate I just hope I get it before my Birthday. :( Hope it helps. ;)

:ford:

Track Car By Rail:

You need to get your rail car number (also often called an "ETTX" number) from your dealer. This can actually start with "ETTX", or it may not. My car came on car # "CNA 704103".

Once you have that number you can track it via the phone:

CSX:

1. Call CSX at 1 800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press 1 on your phone for location
3. When prompted for the car initials, say them and wait
4. When prompted for the 6-digit car number, say or key-in your 6 digit car number
5. When prompted for the next car, either say 'Done' or press the pound sign (#) twice

Union Pacific:
1. Call UP at 1 800-877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the rail car number completely and clearly. Example CNA704103 all together
4. Listen for your update

Only one may track your rail car, or both from what I have read. In my car both were updated and gave slightly different information at different parts of the journey so I used both.

Departure - Railcar has departed the city listed enroute to next big city along the way.
Arrive In Transit - railcar has arrived city listed
Junction Recieved - railcar has arrived at a junction to be handed off to the next railroad to haul it
Hold or Delayed - self explanatory, could be many reasons. This is usually less than 24 hours
Release from Customer -railcar was released from customer (could be Ford or the receiver at the other end)
Placed Actual - railcar is actually placed at the location it will be unloaded
Bad order - railcar has a mechanical problem and needs repaired (usually less than 48 hour delay)
Bad Order Release - railcar has been repaired and is ready to move again
Arrive Destination - railcar has arrived at its current destination
Pulled from customer - railcar was pulled from the customer's location (FORD or receiver)
Placed Construct - railcar has arrived its final desination but there is not room to unload it yet (will move to placed actual when the room is available)
Storage - railcar has been emptied and is now being moved to storage
Sponsored

Last edited: