Sponsored

Sync 3, Spotify & Traffic Sign Recognition

noddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback AT
Hi Guys - I always drive around with spotify running on my sound system via bluetooch connection to my iphone. I really like the Traffic Sign Recognition feature (the little red circle that shows the current speed limit on the nav map). It seems like I can't have both at the same time. When the display is synced to my phone, I can't bring up the Ford nav map, so I can't see the speed limit. Am I doing it wrong? If not, is there a workaround? Thanks.
Sponsored

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Hi Guys - I always drive around with spotify running on my sound system via bluetooch connection to my iphone. I really like the Traffic Sign Recognition feature (the little red circle that shows the current speed limit on the nav map). It seems like I can't have both at the same time. When the display is synced to my phone, I can't bring up the Ford nav map, so I can't see the speed limit. Am I doing it wrong? If not, is there a workaround? Thanks.
Careful [MENTION=20542]noddy[/MENTION] Those speed details on the touchscreen aren't "Traffic Sign Recognition". Those speed limits are programmed in and are just as inaccurate, as the roads themselves. They will only be updated when Ford issues an update to our maps.

As you are also in Sydney there will be lots of them that are out of date.

Having said that, they are quite useful as a guide when you have no idea what the last speed sign said, just don't take it as gospel.

OP
OP

noddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback AT
aha, i accidentally figured this out myself. within Carplay, you go to settings and just turn off Carplay and bob's your uncle. it drops you back into the ford sync menu and the phone is still bluetooth connected, so you just hit the satnav button and the music from the phone is still playing.

what Trumpteer says is correct. i thought the speed limits on the satnav must have been picked up from a recognition camera device like some of the euro cars now have. It's not - i went thru a construction speed limit zone this morning and it was displaying the regular speed.

i was pleased to get an MY17 model because of sync3 and carplay. i didn't realise i'd have to turn carplay off in order to use the Ford satnav.....

BT's GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I connect my iPhone via aux port, this gives you Spotify app on screen but also lets you use sat Nav. Bluetooth way you mention I have never been able to get to work. :headbonk: Can you tell me how you connect.
Thanks

OP
OP

noddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback AT
when I bring up the Sync audio page (hitting the audio tab on the bottom of the screen) and push "source" the options that come up are AM, FM etc and there are two iphone options. one with the squiggly bluetooth icon and the other with the pitchfork thingy (international symbol for USB :shrug:). i can play audio thru either of them, makes no difference. so my phone is connected by usb and also bluetooth.

if you're only seeing the usb option, then your phone isn't paired via bluetooth. you need to check out the car's manual to go thru the bluetooth pairing process. you only need to do it once and then it should just pair automatically when you get in the car.

BT's GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Noddy, thanks. Worked it out. Had one song on iPhone just set to repeat so stop using. Just did 100klms with out a hitch.
Sponsored