Sponsored

Mustangs Booked On Tugela Departing 8th May 17

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I also got my email yesterday - almost here! Now its time to get serious on a plan for all the mods! You gentleman would not know of a place that can paint my side scoops, purchase and install front parking sensors and install springs I have already purchased?
i also need tips for the front parking sensor, having said that i will start at my dealer if they charge market rate i'll probably just let them do it.

as for springs im sure many of the guys here just got their dealer to install it.
Sponsored

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
holy moly, $950..... i remember some dealer did it for around $750.. i see your in sydney which dealer ?

Brendan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBC 2017MY Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
On its way now it QLD - ETA: 2017-06-07 14:00 into Brisbane

auj4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT FB GB
It's at Port of Brisbane now. Our Mustangs have reached Australia. Wooo!

This early arrival doesn't look good for checking out Tugela when she reaches Port Kembla on Friday. I was hoping she'd still be there and I could check her out on Saturday morning.

auj4

MGKGT550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT Manual
The wait is almost over!

Sponsored

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
does any one know how long for the car to get to the dealer from port kembala. and from dealer to delivery.

im still the states wont be back till end of the month. will be good to know to plan ahead

MGKGT550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT Manual
[MENTION=27090]King3o0o[/MENTION]

Based on the estimated time of arriving at Port Kembla, we should be taking delivery of our cars in 1.5 to 2 weeks.

It will take a few days once they come off the boat to go through customs/quarantine and then get complied (if everything goes smoothly).

It will then take another few days by the time you dealers transport truck has collected it from the holding yard to take to the dealer. At this point the dealer should have contacted you and arranged a delivery date.

Once the dealer receives the car, they'll take a few days to do a pre-delivery check and detail before you drive away in it!

Last edited:

auj4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT FB GB
@King3o0o

Based on the estimated time of arriving at Port Kembla, we should be taking delivery of our cars in 1.5 to 2 weeks.
I've been thinking 2 - 3 weeks. While I'd love for it to be 1.5 weeks, that will cause me some anguish & grief as I've just taken the next 1.5 weeks leave to move to a place with a better stable.

Seeing my boss expression when I get back from leave and say Oh By the way Boss. I won't be in tomorrow because I'm picking up my Mustang will be interesting to say the least :D

Is anyone else watching the Tugela stationary off Bellambi Pt/Corrimal?

auj4

Brendan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The hardest part is knowing the car is here and yet it's still so far away! All my mods are here and ready, Pomponazzi glass coating protection booked it. Fingers crossed for a quick and smooth delivery!!

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
just realised.. discharged from port kembala... so close !!.. imagine i'll be able to pick it up on the day i land.. that would be legendary.

Sponsored

MGKGT550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT Manual

auj4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT FB GB
Ceva tracking initially said Tuesday 13th for delivery after getting off the boat at Port Kembla on Friday 9th. I figured with the long weekend That date was overly optimistic.

On Tuesday Ceva tracking updated to the 15th. But I got an email from the dealer late yesterday, saying it had just arrived.

The dealer is in South Sydney so probably one of the closer ones for delivery.

auj4

MGKGT550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT Manual
my dealer just received mine...take delivery next week!

Brendan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my car arrived at the dealer yesterday too! South Western Sydney dealer