Sponsored

GT vs Demon

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Do you have anything else to contribute beyond a tired, worn out stereotype?
It's a great straightline car with tons of power to boot. Out of 3000 sold, only a few might make it to the drags. An awesome car with a full warranty.

It was a joke punched at the Demon.. I could have been more harsh and brought up how fat it is but I didn't. Great car, nothing but respect from me.

Sorry you took offense.
Sponsored

Chris1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Everyone keeps talking about how the demon is street legal.Yea it might be but it wont be hitting the street with the tires i saw it make that pass on.Put street legal tires on it and see what it runs.Point being i dont see that car getting close to 9,s on street tires,yes its a bad ass car but how they are showing it is not how the car is going to hit the street.
The 9.65 was done with the stock rear tires, skinnies mounted, and the race fuel tune. Press release mentioned that it ran a 9.90 with the stock 315s up front and the 91oct tune.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone keeps talking about how the demon is street legal.Yea it might be but it wont be hitting the street with the tires i saw it make that pass on.Put street legal tires on it and see what it runs.Point being i dont see that car getting close to 9,s on street tires,yes its a bad ass car but how they are showing it is not how the car is going to hit the street.

News Flash!! Dodge Demon the new king of Cars and Coffee crowd crashers.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Its a bad mofo no doubt. But I always think for 80 grand it better be. I didn't pay much more for my house than that. when I bought it 20 years ago!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
HEY MAN, 900HP....!

What do you mean there is a turn in the road..?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
So?

They never said the wheel/tireI'll setup they ran the advertised times with were street legal, they said the car was. You could drive the Demon to the grocery store with street legal wheels and tires. You can't drive a Cobra Jet to the grocery store no matter what wheels and tires you put on it.
So!!!!my point is the car wont run 9.4 the way the car will be bought from the dealership.Guys buy these cars after watching these ads and then when they go to the track and run high 10,s their feelings are hurt.Same shit with the hellcat,alot of ads showing 10 sec runs but car was modified,guys start taking them to the track and running mid 11,s and pissed off.SO,so that.I be willing to bet the car wont come from the dealership nowhere as loud as what i heard in that video!!!!.Advertise the car the way customers are going to get it,its that simple.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
The 9.65 was done with the stock rear tires, skinnies mounted, and the race fuel tune. Press release mentioned that it ran a 9.90 with the stock 315s up front and the 91oct tune.

Yea well the video i saw the car had slicks on it!!!.And let me quess what press are we talking about????

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Yea well the video i saw the car had slicks on it!!!.And let me quess what press are we talking about????
they already said the 9.65 is with the stock NT05R radials on it.. that was like 90% of the advertisement but it was with the upgraded 100+oct tune from the factory and with skinnies as mentioned above. and still was hitting 9.9s the way it comes off the show room floor. being the fact it comes with everything and is an auto with launch control. and drag suspension and a trans brake. it shouldnt be like your average car with people getting a wide range of times. Track prep is like the only factor.

Sponsored

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Ill start by how I personally feel the Demon is a bad ass machine! Well done dodge the thing looks like an animal, I hope to get a glimpse at one someday!

Im just surprised that the manufacture did not put a cage in the car!
it is true you don't need a cage to race at all tracks but dodges relationship with NHRA one would think it would have been added. Atleast they did add provisions to install a cage, but how many inexperienced guys are going to put a cage in the car? The Demon will be a death trap in he hands of probably 80% of the people that buy them

If there is one in the other lane with skinnies and no cage, I will be glad he is alot quicker than me! He will be so far out in front when it gets squirley ill have time to stop so I don't get hit.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Ill start by how I personally feel the Demon is a bad ass machine! Well done dodge the thing looks like an animal, I hope to get a glimpse at one someday!

it is true you don't need a cage to race at all tracks but dodges relationship with NHRA one would think it would have been added. Atleast they did add provisions to install a cage, but how many inexperienced guys are going to put a cage in the car? The Demon will be a death trap in he hands of probably 80% of the people that buy them

If there is one in the other lane with skinnies and no cage, I will be glad he is alot quicker than me! He will be so far out in front when it gets squirley ill have time to stop so I don't get hit.
figure how many of the 3000 demons will make it to an actual NHRA event. and people will likely not want to deal with a cage.

id be willing to bet the tech on the car is pretty good and will keep 80% of the people from crashing. remember 3000 are being sold. its not 120k with everyone teenager and old man getting one

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550

NHTSA is the reason why there is no factory cage. What makes you think its going to get squirrely, they tuned the car to run the quarter mile but its still a 4200lb Challenger with 305 series tires. The people who can afford this car can also afford to have a cage installed professionally and while there might be a few idiots who run skinnies on the street most will leave the drag radials on all 4 corners. making a mountain out of a mole hill TBH.

OP
OP
Wally

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
figure how many of the 3000 demons will make it to an actual NHRA event. and people will likely not want to deal with a cage.

id be willing to bet the tech on the car is pretty good and will keep 80% of the people from crashing. remember 3000 are being sold. its not 120k with everyone teenager and old man getting one
Also the guy was bragging about how NHRA has banned the Demon from competition so the number that will make it to actual NHRA events will be zero I assume. Even if that wasn't the case I doubt many of them will make it to the strip at all since production is so limited. I don't even know how they can make all these best of claims for mass produced cars when they are only building 3,300 of them.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The Dodge Demon is NOT “banned” from HHRA dragstrips. That's marketing fluff at its best. It just has to follow the same rules that any other sub-10-second car needs to follow. That means that if you want to make multiple runs or run in competition with a Demon in race tune (and you're a good driver), you’re going to need to put a full cage in it and get a competition license. Bam, legal.

If you just wanted to take your Demon out to a test-n-tune night and leave it on the pump gas tune, you’ll probably run low to mid 10s all evening unless the track is very sticky and you're an exceptionally good driver (there's that again). On 91 octane the Demon supposedly runs a best of 9.96, which is in optimal conditions with a really good driver at the helm.

That said, in full-nuclear trim (and that good driver), they trap at 140 so with any mods and slicks you might net 150, and then it's parachute time.....
Sponsored