Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I love Ford, I really do. But this is how you tease a forthcoming product :cool:

More powerful than the Hellcat, the Demon will debut at the New York Auto Show.

Dodge will introduce a new variant of the Challenger SRT named Demon at the New York Auto Show. The company promises the model will be even more extreme than the Hellcat.
Technical details are few and far between. All we know at this point is that the Challenger Demon will most likely take the power crown from the 707-horsepower Hellcat. It could also receive a performance-tuned version of the Challenger GT's all-wheel drive system, though nothing is official at this point. Regardless, Ford's next Shelby GT500 has a powerful new opponent to battle for muscle car supremacy.
"Most cars attempt to be everything to everybody. Then there are the rare few that revel in a single objective, rendering them totally irresistible to a subculture. The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is conceived, designed and engineered for a subculture of enthusiasts who know that a tenth is a car and a half second is your reputation," explained Dodge boss Tim Kuniskis.
Dodge's announcement was accompanied by a teaser video (embedded below), but enthusiasts hoping to learn more about the Challenger SRT Demon will be deeply disappointed. Luckily, the flick is only the first chapter in a short video series that promises to highlight the Demon's development process. A new installment will go live every week until Dodge's next muscle car makes its official debut in the Big Apple.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/dodge-announces-challenger-srt-demon-93945.html
Sponsored

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
that is a great commercial. props to their marketing team.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
It's still just a dodge. Woopie

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Are you kidding. That video was horrible LMAO.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I took it as it is something that likes to drink a lot of fuel...Amiright?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Rumors of the AWD Hellcat Challenger have been going around in Mopar circles for the last year or 18 months or so. At One point it was going to be called the Challenger ADR (American drag racer) and a few widebody prototypes were seeing out and about with 305 wheels and tires sticking out from the body.

Needless to say this is interesting

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Rumors of the AWD Hellcat Challenger have been going around in Mopar circles for the last year or 18 months or so. At One point it was going to be called the Challenger ADR (American drag racer) and a few widebody prototypes were seeing out and about with 305 wheels and tires sticking out from the body.

Needless to say this is interesting

That would be weird for the ad department then. They transformed a four legged animal into a two legged demon. Playing on the whole going from 4 to 2 thing would be a big brain fart for whoever came up with that ad. That's just me though, thinking like an ad agency exec...

Sponsored

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
this is how you tease a forthcoming product :cool:
Gotta agree, this is how to build the hype. Checkout the website where they have a countdown for all the video's they're going to release over the next 88 days. It's all a smidge cheesy for me, but I'm sure it'll be a successful campaign to build the hype.

Wonder if the car will be worth the hype? Looks like it'll specialize in drag racing and avoid any handling pretensions.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Dodge marketing has always been great. This is part of the reason why the severely dated Challenger is selling almost as many units as the all-new Camaro. While Chevy shows lame ads of "real people" making stupid comments in crossovers, avoiding marketing the Camaro completely, Dodge is showing stuff like this 2 months before it's even revealed. Ford announces a hybrid Mustang and a week later Dodge comes out with the complete opposite of that, a gas guzzling beast. I know which one makes me more excited...

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm sure Ford has a Demon Slayer (you can have that one for free, Ford ;) ) waiting in the wings........I just wish I knew when and where!!!!!

:)

Jules1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Looks like the zl1 will be the slowest among these two.(gt500, demon)

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'm sure Ford has a Demon Slayer (you can have that one for free, Ford ;) ) waiting in the wings........I just wish I knew when and where!!!!!

:)
Haha I dunno, it's gonna be hard to beat if it's AWD and 800+ HP like the rumors are suggesting. Listening to all these Ford press conferences makes me realize that Ford is fixated on "the city of tomorrow" and the all-electric autonomous future. It kind of makes me lose hope in Ford Performance. Yes, I'm sure they'll put out a few more great models, but I don't think performance models really fit into their long term plan at all sadly. Dodge's plan may be short sighted, but I for one am glad they're churning out all these awesome models while they still can.
Sponsored