Sponsored

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
OK, I have managed to find a dead pedal cover for rhd mustangs. I haven't received mine yet, only ordered it on Monday but it was shipped inside 24 hours. There is a seller on the UK ebay website who is in Germany and makes them for the UK market it seems. There is only 1 or 2 advertised at a time but am thinking more can be made when necessary. You don't have to join ebay to buy it. You can buy it as a guest and put in credit card details and then track it through the code they give you when they send it to your email address.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Footrest-...147495?hash=item2a844b3427:g:v84AAOSwT-FZCPEN
have been looking for this for a little while, now ordered, thanks for the heads up.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
I have just ordered one of these from the obove ebay site. Will take a pic when it arrives.;)

Sponsored

Aj05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Great, thanks for the link!

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
OP
OP

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt race red fastback (ordered)
Well when I was searching for it, it wasn't on there. It was showing on international site only. Bad timing I guess.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
You don't limit your searches to .au only, you search via .com and then add .au to the webpage address.

With the GSP in place most things can be brought from the US etc and shipped to AU even if it doesn't appear on the .au search.

Pretty simple I've used it for years to buy server equipment out of the US that doesn't show on the Aus version of the website.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dead pedal turned up just as I had to leave the house. Won't be back till early hours of the morning. Didn't even have time to open it but all up I ordered Monday 5th so pretty good in my book.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My dead pedal turned up just as I had to leave the house. Won't be back till early hours of the morning. Didn't even have time to open it but all up I ordered Monday 5th so pretty good in my book.
Nice one, yeah Frank said it's been taking like 5 business days or so

Can't wait for mine

OP
OP

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those who get the dead pedal cover this is what happened to me and what I did. Each to their own and do whatever you think is appropriate.

OK, so got mine out of the packet on Saturday morning. Comes with an instruction sheet. It says if it doesn't fit it is because there were two dead pedals made for the Mustangs. Looking on ebay the seller does sell the lhd ones as well so I am presuming that is what it is. I would be surprised if there are 2 different rhd dead foot pedals, unless the turbo model is different, don't know.

Mine fitted ok, had to bend the metal slightly, which is one of the instructions, to make sure the fit is perfect before you take the backing off the adhesive and place over the pedal. The adhesive is 3m tape (roughly about 1.5mm-2mm thick) designed for metal to plastic. The instructions says you only get one go to get it right because you won't be able to remove it. I got it right first time after prepping the pedal with some isopropyl alcohol (my choice) and also windex like Frank (the seller) suggested. Temperature was also right (above 15) etc. All good so far.

But then about an hour later I went to check how tight the fit was and the pedal cover just lifted off in my hand with hardly any pressure. So, tried again, it lifted straight off again. At this point am thinking I probably need some liquid adhesive bond to go onto the plastic foot pedal first. But then I had another thought.

Why not keep it simple and clean. There was no residue on the plastic pedal. Gave it a clean anyway. Then took the metal cover inside and with some nail scissors used the end part of one of the blades and scraped off the glue. Took about 10-15 mins tops. Comes off pretty easy. Now the plate will sit about another 1-2mm flush onto the plastic. I also got some double sided clear scotch tape and put a piece about 1-2cm long in the middle of the plate at the top, halfway down and also at the bottom. Put it back on, perfect fit.

Drove the car today, doesn't budge at all. Will be easy to take off in the future if need be otherwise all good. I was sort of wondering if the original adhesive started lifting in the years down the track it might be very messy to clean up.

The product I was supplied with is first class and to me it looks like it should have always been there. To the seller, Frank, if you ever read these forums, thanks for making the part for us rhd mustanger's.

A very happy outcome.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Giving it some time with a hair dryer or heat gun would of had it stick alot better.

Heat is key, might of had an ambient of 15c but ideally you want it higher then that for optimal adhesion.

OP
OP

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Giving it some time with a hair dryer or heat gun would of had it stick alot better.

Heat is key, might of had an ambient of 15c but ideally you want it higher then that for optimal adhesion.

Yeah, sorry, thanks Copie for reminding me. :)

Between the first and second goes I didn't mention that I went and bought a hair dryer from the Good Guys and used it on it and left it on for a good hour, placed strategically in the car aiming straight at it. Came back turned it off and left it for a few hours. Then had another go to see how sticky it was, nope, came off faster than a hooker's bra. That hair dryer costs me $19.95 too. :headbonk:

Cheers

p.s. As I said in my previous post do whatever works for you. I could have ordered some more of the same 3m tape, whacked it on and gone through the process again but I decided to do what I did. :shrug:
Sponsored