Sponsored

Dealer Servicing

900dukess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had my Mustang in at the dealer today for its 3k check over.
I have only travelled 750 km so far so I didn't want a oil & filter change as yet.
However I did ask the spare parts guy for a oil filter so I can do the oil change when it gets 1000 km on it.
Only problem was they didn't have a oil filter in stock for a 5.0 Mustang!!!
Sponsored

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
I had my Mustang in at the dealer today for its 3k check over.
I have only travelled 750 km so far so I didn't want a oil & filter change as yet.
However I did ask the spare parts guy for a oil filter so I can do the oil change when it gets 1000 km on it.
Only problem was they didn't have a oil filter in stock for a 5.0 Mustang!!!
Your joking.

Oil Filters, Air Filers and Spark Plugs, along with Oil, are a Dealers 'bread and butter'.

How many Oil and Oil Filter changes have they carried out, charged for the Oil Filter, but not changed it?

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
Any recommendations on a mechanic that will service a manual GT in Melbourne?

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Where are you guys in Sydney getting an oil change done? Any recommended workshops in the southwest??

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Where are you guys in Sydney getting an oil change done? Any recommended workshops in the southwest??
I had my 3,000k service done properly - everything checked under hood and under car, everything was free, because it was with the guys in Canberra that did all my mods.

For my 5,000k oil change (warning light came on). I bought the oil and filter and had it done by local guy(North Side Sydney ) for $100 cash.

Don't think I'll go to Ford for my first major service, they may reset everything to stock on the diagnostic checks i.e. detune my tune and notice the CAI (hard to miss) and make some file notes re warranty .:eek:

Sponsored

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Don't think I'll go to Ford for my first major service, they may reset everything to stock on the diagnostic checks i.e. detune my tune and notice the CAI (hard to miss) and make some file notes re warranty .:eek:[/QUOTE]

I have been thinking about this in regards to a custom performance tune if the car is taken to ford dealership for service or any warranty work can they reset / detune your ecu by mistake or as part of their updates ?

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Don't think I'll go to Ford for my first major service, they may reset everything to stock on the diagnostic checks i.e. detune my tune and notice the CAI (hard to miss) and make some file notes re warranty .:eek:
I have been thinking about this in regards to a custom performance tune if the car is taken to ford dealership for service or any warranty work can they reset / detune your ecu by mistake or as part of their updates ?[/QUOTE]

I believe that would be entirely possible, but maybe unlikely, given it would take a bit of time, but I'm not sure I want to risk it.

The tune alone was $1,000 and with the biggest Steeda CAI it made a considerable performance increase that I don't want to loose. The Steeda CAI comes in two versions, one that doesn't require a tune and one that does. Mine was the one that does, and it was worth it!

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
Hey Guys,
Can anyone recommend a good mechanic (Ford dealer or not) in Melbourne for the first service?
Cheers,
E

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Hey Guys,
Can anyone recommend a good mechanic (Ford dealer or not) in Melbourne for the first service?
Cheers,
E
I had my car serviced at Bayford in north Melbourne without an issue, standard Ford pricing with a 25% discount. No issues with having a modified car either.

Last edited:

ShadowMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Ford Mustang Fastback
Can I suggest to all 2015-2017 Mustang owners that when presenting your car at Ford Dealers for servicing that you supply you own oil (I use Penrite) and oil filter, which the dealer will/should have no objection. You will save yourself a ship load as Ford Dealers charge a huge "mark-up" on both the oil and the oil filter.

Sponsored

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
I had my car serviced at Bayford in Port Melbourne without an issue, standard Ford pricing with a 25% discount. No issues with having a modified car either.
Thanks mate, but I prefer avoiding the Bayford Group.
Any more suggestions please?

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
Thanks mate, but I prefer avoiding the Bayford Group.
Any more suggestions please?
I had my 1,000km service (January 2017) and 12 month service done last week, both at Courtney & Patterson Ford, Banksia St, Heidelberg VIC 3084. They were great on both occasions, answered all my queries, used the correct oil, etc. You can probably get it done cheaper if you know a good local mechanic, but I always choose to use a dealer for my own peace of mind. I don't have any mechanical mods other than Borla exhaust and an oil catch can, so can't comment re effects on any tunes etc.

Hope that helps :)

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
my dealer offering me a complimentary 3k service, im thinking its just a checkup to make sure everything is ok rather than a proper service. im going the tracks on october im around 2.5k kms in.. should i hand the car in before or after the track day.. also i havent done any oil change etc since i have the car. should i do all these before the big day ?

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m sitting in the dealership for my ā€˜peace of mindā€™ service and had an interesting talk with the service manager. When I brought the car in for the glovebox and the seat cover replacements under warranty, it returned with fuel consumption that had jumped from 14L/100km to 22L/100km. My wife (who dropped it off and picked it up) was told that the car had to be driven to a locksmith for the glovebox, hence the reason for a drive (but not the reason why it had to be gunned there!) I found out later about the mileage (I was overseas at the time), and complained in the online survey following the service.

This time, I asked for the car not to be washed and for the road test to be mild because of last times experience. It turns out the car was never taken to a locksmith, but rather a road test and that the service technician ā€˜no longer works here - read into that what you will.ā€™

Good on the dealership for following it up. I suspect that guy probably had a few strikes against him prior to this!

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
my dealer offering me a complimentary 3k service, im thinking its just a checkup to make sure everything is ok rather than a proper service.
Thats exactly what it is, they just check fluids and check for any recalls and such that may affect your car.

You can book with any Ford dealer too if it suits.

PS: they will wash your car, if you dont want them to, tell them when you get there.
Sponsored