Washing/Waxing/Detailing

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Are they selling a portable shade canopy? Wouldn't want you out in the sun for washing ;)
Got a carport built now so no sun washing for me m8:ford:
Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I bought the Bowden's foam cannon and their snow foam....
Yea got the snow foam and canon...
How are you both finding their snow foam? I've used it twice now and while it foams and dwells well, I'm finding it doesn't actually seem to lift much dirt? I get better performance using Meguairs Soft Wash Gel as snow foam. I like several of their other products but their snow foam isn't doing it for me.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
I have used the snow foam on three cars so far and it works well. But in saying that when I have used it on the pony car I would note that the car has only gone two weeks between washes and I live in Canberra where there is not a high degree of contamination and the car is in a garage. The other thing to note is that the car is sealed and waxed and then hit with a coat of opticoat sealant (no not the full paint protection) but their spray on product. Now I read somewhere that the foam works best on a sealed and waxed car but could be mistaken.

The other thing is that I hit the car twice with the foam because the bowdens own cannon has about twice what you need for our car mid sized car. I get very positive results from that. I have not yet used another foaming product. I'm going to use the Adam's car shampoo this weekend on a black Subaru for comparison. Will I buy the Bowden's own foam again - yes I will.

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
How are you both finding their snow foam? I've used it twice now and while it foams and dwells well, I'm finding it doesn't actually seem to lift much dirt? I get better performance using Meguairs Soft Wash Gel as snow foam. I like several of their other products but their snow foam isn't doing it for me.
I love it. Works a treat on the pony and the Mrs Hilux :cheers:

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I wash my cars once a month at best, just don't have the time to do it more often and so the daily driver in particular (parked outside 24x7) usually has a good coat of dust. The Bowdens is lucky to remove half of it and so definitely needs to be followed up with a hand wash. The Meguairs removes 90% (you can visibly see a difference in the foam as it runs off) and so if you had to could leave it at that.

Are you using the recommended 100ml in 900ml of water or a stronger concentration?

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I still use Autobrite MagiFoam and it continues to do a great job.

I let it dwell for around fifteen minutes before hitting it with the Gerni.

Doesn't leave much, if anything, behind.

Always follow it up with a hand wash.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I wash my cars once a month at best, just don't have the time to do it more often and so the daily driver in particular (parked outside 24x7) usually has a good coat of dust. The Bowdens is lucky to remove half of it and so definitely needs to be followed up with a hand wash. The Meguairs removes 90% (you can visibly see a difference in the foam as it runs off) and so if you had to could leave it at that.

Are you using the recommended 100ml in 900ml of water or a stronger concentration?
This is the first snow foam I have ever used (first mustang for that matter :)) and the advice on the Bowden's site is that you generally follow up with a two bucket hand wash. I think they claim that the snow foam could be a touch less system but I think The car wouldn't need to be pretty routinely washed in a low contaminant environment or something.

Yep I'm using the concentration as recommended by Bowdens but I hit it twice before hand washing.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
been following this threat abit, i got my self 2 buckets a wash liquid, tyre and window cleaner. now i live in an apartment complex with a car wash bay. dont really have space and use for a full size gerni/pressure washer and dont really want to commit $100 + to it.. any recommendations for a snow foam lance/gun that i can use without a gerni ?

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are ones that will attach to a standard hose. I've never used one but have seen some videos and they're fairly underwhelming in comparison though certainly more convenient.

I have heard of people using these and being happy with the results for the price:
https://www.bunnings.com.au/hortex-450ml-fertiliser-and-insecticide-sprayer_p3368178

I've got by for many years without a foam lance and just hand washing. I do believe there's some advantage to it but it's not the end of the world if you can't do it.

EDIT: I piqued my own interest. Had to go to Bunnings last night to collect something I'd ordered so grabbed one of the sprayers I linked to above while there. I'll give it a go sometime in the next few weeks and see how it compares.

Last edited:

Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doh, just saw my earlier post. Washed the car today (like a lot of other people I'd guess. 26degC mid winter day) and forgot all about that sprayer thing I bought.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone tried this towel as well?
Much wringing out required during the drying process?

The microfibre towel I currently use gets waterlogged very quickly.

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY

For washing it absorbs plenty before you need to wring it. Not that bad. I wipe the car abt 80% before the towel before needing to be wring. If you use 2 towels then no need to wring. Used one for my Mazda 2 and the towel wasn't even fully wet which was great.

I did made the horrible decision to try and clean the towel by submerging both in a clean water bucket. Needless to say it took me a while to wring them and hang to dry. Sore arms now.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Used Bowdens Nanolicious wash on the pony today. Very impressed with the result. Used Adam's wheel cleaner for the rims and then hit everything with opticoat spray. One clean pony. I think the moral of this us find products that work for you and the result you are after. I'm still experimenting but happy with the direction I'm going.

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual

Bowden's 'big green Sucker'
Can do the whole pony without wringing mine out once
Sponsored