Mustang Migration to Oz

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Three weeks since build and still not on a boat. But the interesting thing is I was having a little sook to my mate from the Ford dealership yesterday and he calls me a few hours later and says the Boss is cool if I want to change my order....

1. Cancel and get a full refund of my deposit. Walk away.
2. Wait 7 -10 weeks for my car - no change
3. Move my deposit to a 2018 model, but wait around 10 months.

From this I'm assuming they must already have other buyers lined up for 2017 shape GT Lightning Blue auto's ..... possibly even prepared to pay a bit extra.
Its not uncommon. Mine sat for a month before being moved to the docks, and sat another month before being put on a ship. Patience is a virtue
Sponsored

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monaro CV8 '05 , Mustang GT 18 on order.
Its not uncommon. Mine sat for a month before being moved to the docks, and sat another month before being put on a ship. Patience is a virtue
Yeah, I understand. :) Of note, my mates convertible Dealer ordered March, built first week of May is currently docked in NZ and should be here next week. I just figured with the ramp up of the RHD spec production it would start raining Mustangs! :clap2:

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Three weeks since build and still not on a boat. But the interesting thing is I was having a little sook to my mate from the Ford dealership yesterday and he calls me a few hours later and says the Boss is cool if I want to change my order....

1. Cancel and get a full refund of my deposit. Walk away.
2. Wait 7 -10 weeks for my car - no change
3. Move my deposit to a 2018 model, but wait around 10 months.

From this I'm assuming they must already have other buyers lined up for 2017 shape GT Lightning Blue auto's ..... possibly even prepared to pay a bit extra.
It's usually 4-6 weeks from build to a boat mate. Trust me the wait is worth it :ford:

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
That's nothing mate my car was built start of February and I still don't have it
Serious?! Wtf? Mine was built feb 28th and I've had it for a few weeks!

Sponsored

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I'm a bit over it really , do not think I should have to keep chasing :doh:
Where is yours now? Mine went "in transit" on cotus 8th of June, but etis doesn't look like it's settled yet.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Really sympathise with you guys going through all this. Not sure I coulda done it. Wanted something specific - see avatar - kept checking the spreadsheet here. Figured initial demand would be soon sated.
Waited until "my car" appeared "in stock" on Carsales.
Convinced the dealer to put black wheels on someone else's car for my Nickel Lustre Alloys.
Kicked him hard in the guts. Really hard.

Got car maybe 9 months earlier and over six grand discount.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Where is yours now? Mine went "in transit" on cotus 8th of June, but etis doesn't look like it's settled yet.
When you first see sun glistening on lightning Blue you know it's all worth it. Blink and changes hue as sun rises.

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you first see sun glistening on lightning Blue you know it's all worth it. Blink and changes hue as sun rises.
I've got a Boat!! On the Tonsberg departing next Wednesday 28th June!!

ShadowBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT S550 Shadow Black
Same.

Just checked & my GT's on the Tonsberg as well.

Built on 25th May, departing Baltimore on 28th June.

Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Got the VIN for my "second" Mustang today. They'll have built 69921 Mustangs between the original order and this one. Hope practice makes perfect.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
^^ Surprised you didnt shop around for dealer stock, that way before signing anything you can check it out with whatever your issues were with the first.

I got mine 2 weeks ago after waiting 4 days, only because it was on show at a shopping center and they could only get it out Monday mornings.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
There's not much actually in stock in manuals and none at the time in the colour I wanted. Could've had an auto GT or a manual EB in the right colour but didn't want either of those. Actually hadn't planned to buy it at that time. After rejecting the first one I'd had a look around and couldn't find anyone in Sydney with stock of what I wanted. Needed a car as I'd sold my other one expecting to pick up the Mustang so was at this dealer the same afternoon buying a Ranger they had in stock and just happened they already had the right colour Mustang ordered for stock. Got a better deal than my first time around anyway and a few months doesn't matter to me.